Eco-Friendly Family
Options

what are you giving your baby for christmas?

i bought ds a sophie giraffe. i would like to give him a couple more gifts that are eco friendly. any recs? thanks!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: what are you giving your baby for christmas?

• Options
    A made in the USA metal top, sophie the Giraffe, a book, some clothes, and a wooden train made out of blocks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i am making her a quilt from sewing scraps. i also bought her some vintage clothes of off etsy. but i don't really think i'm giving them to her for christmas, since she doesn't have any concept of presents yet. and i know we'll be knee-deep in stuff by the time the holiday is done. it's more an excuse for me to spend a little money (and time).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

A stuffed animal, a pair of handmade fleece slippers, a farm set ...

I think we're going to get her one more thing, but I'm trying to hold back.  Our parents go overboard and we already have SO-MANY toys.

• Options
    i think ds could use more toys. maybe i will look into some wooden sets, and possible sew him a taggie blanket.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have no idea. since her birthday and christmas will be at the sameish time of year I want to get her something. It is hard though to find something that isnt made in china that is for such a little one locally. We have a specialty shop that has some habba things and might go take a trip over there for a teething ring or something?
  • Options
    I got a wooden puzzle (the big kind for babies with knobs).  I also got a snack bag/lunch bag  (more for me), a shopping cart cover (more for me), a lovie, a wooden bobble toy and a christmas curious george book
  • Options

Melissa & Doug Alligator Clacker Push Toy

Bath time Fishing Set from Oompa

Plan Hammer Balls

Scaredy Squirrel Books

My parents got him a ride-on toy and my grandparents are giving him these cute rolling turtles from Haba.

• Options
    We got him a set of wooden musical instruments, and they're all bug themed. TOO CUTE! I want to play with them!
  • Options

I'm making most of mine.  I bought a Melissa and Doug ring stacker for her, but didn't realize until I got home that it was made in China :(  It went back to the store on my next trip.

At Toys R Us, they carry a cute Waldorf style doll that is organic and made in Egypt.  It's not the U.S.A., but at least it's not China.  My mom picked that one up.

In case anyone has boys.  They make recycled basketballs and footballs now.  Mom got DS one from TrU too.  I think it's made in China though.

• Options
    Plan drum & xylophone, Plan rocking horse, some board books, Melissa & Doug stacking/nesting blocks.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"