Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Please critique my nb stash

I hope I can squeak by with this stash until my daughter is big enough for the next size (I will be home for 3 months so laundry shouldn't be a huge issue).  Also, I expect my DD to be at least 9lbs so I hope the pockets fit sooner than later.

13 KL0s

1 KL contour (just wanted to see one in person)

11 infant pfs

5 BG 3.0

2 FB pockets with snaps size small...they look huge!

3 HH pockets size S

6 HH pockets size M

I have enough covers, snappis etc...

One more question...the BG 3.0 comes with an insert that has a snap on one side and the insert is folded over...what's the purpose of this?  Do I leave it folded?

Thanks so much for all of your help through this process!

Re: Please critique my nb stash

• Options

i think you'll be fine, as long as you're doing wash every other day!

the folded part is extra absorbency in a specific area--you can put it up front for a boy and toward the back for a girl. or you can unsnap--the fit will be less bulky this way.

• Options
    oh, and it's hard to leave it unsnapped unless you have the diaper set on medium or large rise. hth!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think you'll be fine too if you dont mind doing laundry pretty often. ?I wash every day and it's not really bothersome at all. ?I could stretch it to every other day if I wanted to use a lot of prefolds but I'm lazy and stick mostly to the KL0s and fitteds. ?

Our little man didnt fit into the BGs until he was at least 6 weeks. ?He was born at 8 lbs 7 oz and they just leaked like crazy when we tried them as a newborn. ?You'll have to fold the insert down and snap it if you're using the diaper in the smallest setting. ?As the pp mentioned you can put the doubled up part where you'll need it most (front or back) and then the smaller insert is for when you need more?absorption down the road.

I dont know anything about when the pockets will fit but I hope they work for you from the get go! ??

• Options
    Not sure how you'll know the size of your DD (they are almost always wrong :) ) , but if you really think she'll be over 9 lbs, the KLO's probably won't fit until very long.  My DD was 9 lbs 13 oz (and they said she'd be 7.5 lbs) and the KLO we had fit her probably until 1.5 months.  The small size thirsties are a great option once she grows out of the KLOs.
  • Options

I would get more pf's or more kl's.  The pockets didn't start really being wearable until Charlie was 6ish weeks.  He was 8lbs 9oz at birth, and it seemed like once he hit 10-11 lbs he was able to wear the BG's.

• Options
    Also, have you considered just sticking to sized pockets, or one size pockets?? I would stick to one or the other.  JMO. And you MOST definitely will be doing laundry every day.  You have to figure at least 10 diapers a day for a newborn.  We were averaging about 13 in the beginning!! They poop with every change, I swear!
  • Options

imageAnnaBananaBelle:
    Not sure how you'll know the size of your DD (they are almost always wrong :) ) , but if you really think she'll be over 9 lbs, the KLO's probably won't fit until very long.  My DD was 9 lbs 13 oz (and they said she'd be 7.5 lbs) and the KLO we had fit her probably until 1.5 months.  The small size thirsties are a great option once she grows out of the KLOs.

Sorry!! I am annoying today!

I also ditto this poster about the KL0's not fitting.  My DS was 8lbs9oz and he didn't fit into the KL's at all.  I am actually selling them now. And we also used Thirsties x-smalls with Thirsties covers. They are pricey, but the best diaper  for a newborn IMO.

• Options
    I think it looks great except maybe more pfs or KLO's like pps said. The last thing I wanted to do when we brought DD home from the hospital was laundry every other day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"