Parenting

Crafty nesties...can I make a twin bedskirt into a crib bed skirt?

I really want a hawaiian grass skirt for under the crib, but the only kind I can find are in a twin size.  Anyone know if this will work?  I would be buying it from ebay so trying to return it would be a PITA.

Re: Crafty nesties...can I make a twin bedskirt into a crib bed skirt?

• I used two sized bedskirts and overlapped them. I and gathered and pinned them so they would fit b/c I was too lazy to try and sew them to size.

Love your sig pic.

edit: And I'm not sure what my point in saying I used two skirts was...

• Sounds like an excellent idea to me.  You probably wouldn't even have to sew it either--just pin it where it on the side that goes up again the wall so that it won't show and then as she transfers to a big girl bed you could still use it by just releasing the pin and ironing it.

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Loading the player...
  • I agree, easy peasy, probably only need to pin and not sew. 

But, if you wanted it perfect:
    youd measure the dimensions of the crib base,

cut down the center part of the twin bedskirt to match, cut off the extra "skirt" part and sew it back onto the new crib sized center part.

Or: 

cut the skirt part off of the twin bedskirt (away from the fabric base/platform of the skirt) -measure the length of skirt you need to go all the way around the crib and cut it to that length.

get adhesive velcro- put the "hook" side on the inside of the wooden crib frame at the bottom

Sew the "loop" side of the velcro on to the length of skirting.

Stick the skirt to the velcro 

and you'll  have a crib skirt that never shifts or bunches when you change the sheets!- and you won't have to take it off when you drop the mattress all the way down!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"