Eco-Friendly Family
Options

S/O Toys

This is, for most people, a very irrational thing to be upset about.  Actually, if I think about it for too long, I become irate.  See, I told my DH a million times to tell his mother to please not buy DD any plastic toys.  He kept saying she would ask what we wanted for her.  I asked him about it again a couple of days ago, and what did he say?  His mom bought her some big ass plastic toy for Christmas.  I kept my mouth shut, but I am angry about it, and the post about the Chinese/plastic toys just brought it all up again.
Sorry for the vent.  I hope I'm not the only one, though.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: S/O Toys

• Options
    Ugh tell me about it. ?I am also dreading gifts from those that we did not explain it to. ?ie relatives with small kids that use plastic crap and probably only plastic crap, so we didn't want to offend. ?Do I sound spoiled?
    47 months &
    11 months
  • Options
    you're not. my mil is actually really responsive to our "green requests" but she buys the plastic stuff in addition. my mom too. i think they have certain things that they want to buy, and you can't stop a giver from giving. but you can donate the gift, and eventually they may get the point.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageluvlieK:
      Do I sound spoiled?

Nope, not at all!  I know some people probably think I'm snotty, but I don't look at it that way.  I see it as being informed and pro-active about my child's health and the environment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I've had it with toys.  I looked and looked.  Everything was either plastic or made in China.  I found a doll made in Egypt, but I want MADE IN U.S.A.  Stupid toy makers.  *kicks toy makers*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"