Northern California Babies
Options

Since we're talking rings... let's talk about your ring

Was it the ring of your dreams?

Did you and DH pick it out togeher?

If you could change it would you? 

Re: Since we're talking rings... let's talk about your ring

• Options

Fun!! I looooooooooooooooooooove my ring!!

DH picked out the diamond and proposed in a solitaire setting. I then got to go back and pick the wedding set. He knew I wanted a princess cut diamond and he picked out a gorgeous one!

Nope!

I wish it fit my chubby pg fingers...I miss having it on : (

• Options

Was it the ring of your dreams?  Yes

Did you and DH pick it out togeher?  Yes, DH proposed with the diamond set in a temporary setting, so we went to the store to pick out my actual ring.

If you could change it would you?  No, but I have added to it.  My engagement ring and wedding band have channel set diamonds.  For my 30th birthday, DH bought me another ring that matches my wedding band, so I have basically two wedding bands on either side of my engagement ring.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It is now, but at the time I was seriously disappointed that it was so big.

He picked it out.

No

Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • Options

Was it the ring of your dreams? Yes, it's not huge or full of bling, just a simple 1 ct radiant cut diamond on a plain white gold band. 

Did you and DH pick it out togeher? I saw a picture of it online, printed it out and showed it to DH.  About a year later, he still had the picture and had the ring made to look exactly like it, down to the squared bottom.  It was a total surprise.  I picked out my wedding band, about a week before we got married, from Overstock. 

If you could change it would you?  I need to have it resized, all these kids have made my fingers nice and chubby.  And now my diamond looks smaller against my sausages.  I wouldn't change a thing. 

• Options
    Was it the ring of your dreams? No, I had something else in mind, but circumstances prevented me from getting it. My wedding band is perfect, though. .Did you and DH pick it out together? Yes... it was a nightmare that I don't want to go in to. I was stuck in this tiny store, and it was stuffy & I was sweating and just needed to get out of there.?If you could change it would you? Yes. I would make the band thinner, I would probably change the metal from platinum to white gold and use the difference to upgrade the size of the center diamond.?
  • Options

Was it the ring of your dreams? I love colored stone rings. I told DH that I would prefer a colored stone for my e-ring but did not care what color. I love amethyst because I love purple. He is very traditional so he gave me a diamond e-ring.

Did you and DH pick it out togeher? We went looking together to see what looked good on my hand, but he picked out my e-ring by himself.

If you could change it would you? Nope! He picked it out by himself with all his love. I love it, and it is very unique. I have never seen anyone else with one like it.

• Options

I didn't know it was until he presented me with it :)

Nope.. he picked the e-ring, I picked the wedding band (all rubies) at first he was disappointed that I didn't go for something more 'classic' in terms of the wedding band but he knows I love it and he's grown to love it, too...

Hmmm... depends. I'd like to have a matching band on the other side of the e-ring or upgrade the diamond... but it's not a real high priority as I said I love my ring :)

• Options

He got me a solitaire, and when I asked if we could reset it, he was heartbroken. So, I settled for adding diamonds to my wedding band and I got another band, exactly like my wedding ring but a bit bigger diamonds, for my graduation gift.

He picked it out with his mom.

I don't think I'd change it out now. I would still like some vintagey looking ring sometime in the future. Maybe he'll be less attached to my plain ol' band in 15-20 years an dI can get it then ;) (but for the record, I love my ring and everything it symbolizes, including simplicity.)

• Options

Was it the ring of your dreams? Yes

Did you and DH pick it out togeher? I picked it out

If you could change it would you?  I'd maybe make it a bit bigger but that's it.

• Options
    I too love my ring!  I love that he picked it out by himself, completely surprised my with the proposal and I wouldn't change it one bit!  He actually wants to get me a bigger ring, and I don't want it, I love, love, love the one I have!
  • Options
    We picked it out together but it was kind of a spur of the moment decision.  I wished we had shopped around more, because I would have picked a band with diamonds instead of solitaire. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Was it the ring of your dreams? Yes

Did you and DH pick it out togeher? We found it together on a vacation to seattle. I never thought i would get the ring, it was the first i tried on and fell in love. i was so surprised 2 years later he had remembered and called the place in seattle and made the purchase over the phone. he had the help of a great sales associate i think.

If you could change it would you? no, i looooove it.

• Options

Was it the ring of your dreams? YEP.....it's a simple solitare

Did you and DH pick it out togeher? Nope....he picked it out all by himself and I wouldn't have it any other way.

If you could change it would you? No...I wouldn't change it for the world.  It's the ring that reminded DH of me when he saw it so why would I want to change that.

• Options

Was it the ring of your dreams?  Yes!  It is a thick band platinum solitaire with a trellis setting.  The center stone was much larger than I ever dreamt it would be.  And, my wedding band is a 5 stone trellis setting as well.

Did you and DH pick it out togeher?  I explained the setting I liked and got pics off the internet.  Then, we went and saw his jeweler friend, but no ring was purchased.  After that it was all him purchasing and doing the final selection.

If you could change it would you? Not anymore.  I always wanted a second wedding band to complete the set and my wonderful DH gave it to me this summer when I had L.  So now I have my true dream ring set :)

• Options

Was it the ring of your dreams?  Yes, all three of them... I am pretty sure I am spoiled... When DH proposed he gave me a 3 ct round cut diamond solitare... It's beautiful but hard to wear because it's so big, everyone notices and I have to hold hands with complete strangers because of it, then I started my job and it's not a great idea to wear that kinda bling in the places I go, so he bought me a smaller three stone ring that is barely a 1ct total weight, it still goes with my wedding and i love the symbolizim of the three stones.  When his grandma passed away his mom gave him one of her grandmothers rings, so DH's great gandmother,  I know wear that with two diamond bands, one on either side.  Though right now I am down a band because a diamond fell out, they are small and I haven't had the time or the money to get it fixed.

Did you and DH pick it out togeher?  No DH picked them all out by himself and he did a great job.  I did get to pick out my wedding bands though.

If you could change it would you?  I wouldn't change any of them!Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Was it the ring of your dreams?  I really didn't have a "dream" wedding ring.

Did you and DH pick it out togeher?  Yes, although I tried not to (DH was terrified I'd hate anything he picked out, so he made me go).

If you could change it would you? I could certainly go bigger on the stone, but it's colorless and flawless, so I really have no room to complain!

• Options

Super fun post and brings back great memories for me!  ;)

It WAS the perfect ring for me and eventhough I had never really bothered looking at rings before and had no "dream ring" I had always hoped for or anything like that, after having it for the last 4 years, I realize it is my dream ring!

Nope - DH went to a jeweler that a friend of his recommended and had several consultation appointments to pick the perfect diamond first.  Then, he had a band made (he designed it and bought the mold) to set the diamond in and THEN, had my wedding ring made (again, he bought the mold!) a few months later.  I'm so glad I had nothing to do with it!

Not at all, I wouldn't change a thing!  DH really did his homework and the stone is as close to perfect as you can get in all aspects of cut, clarity and color and I love that it is a perfect square Princess cut!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options

Was it the ring of your dreams? Yes, I absolutely love it.

Did you and DH pick it out together? Sort of. I had a jeweler in mind years before we got engaged (located in England). When he proposed there was no ring because he knew I would want to pick it out myself. A few months later we went on on a trip to England. We visited the jeweler and looked at all of the pre-made rings they had, but none of them were quite right. So we sat there and designed it together! I love it because it's completely one of a kind.

If you could change it would you? There are two small stones on either side of the main stone in star-shaped flush settings. The outside stones are sapphires and I would change them to diamonds, but that's it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Was it the ring of your dreams? Yes.

Did you and DH pick it out togeher? I saw it online first, we went together to choose the diamond & order the bands.

If you could change it would you? I might add to it by getting a larger center stone, and adding a similar size/cut stone to balance it out.  So it would be a small BIG small setting - does that make sense?  Of course, I'd never ask DH to do this for fear of hurting his feelings, but if he ever offered, I wouldn't turn it down.  Who says no to diamonds?

• Options
    It was more than I could've imagined! Wink We had looked at rings for a few months before and I got to try some on that I was in absolute love with and those that he just wanted to see how they looked. I knew I wanted something that looked vintage/antique but wasn't too sure on a lot of the styles. He had shown me the brochure of this particular maker and I had said ooh & aah to a lot of them but never chose a specific one. He chose the ring & diamond. We also had a band made to match since there wasn't one at the time. I *love* them!!
  • Options

1 - At the time, yes, or close to it

2 - yes we did

3 - Possibly.  I have a three stone ring and I love it but when we picked the setting there was also one with five stones that I liked and at times I think I should have gone with that one instead

Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"