Eco-Friendly Family
Options

If your DC wears 2 piece pjs

Do you ever have wicking around the top of the pants?  DS wore 2 piece pjs last night for the first time, and I pulled them all the way up over his diaper.  I guess the waistband got kinda tucked down into the diaper, enough to wick a little bit.  So I guess I can just not pull them all the way over his diaper, but I'm sure they would eventually creep up anyway.  I really hate this, because it's so nice to have him in regular pjs.  He's so tall, footed one piece jammies just aren't working anymore, plus they're so much easier!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: If your DC wears 2 piece pjs

• Options
    Abby occasionally wears two piece pj's.  She's really tall as well and we love Carters PJ's!  Who cares that she's on 11 months and in a 2T =)  what kind of diaper  was he in when it wicked?  Maybe add more absorbency so that the insert isn't as saturated if that makes any sense.
    Photobucket Abby............12.27.07
  • Options

Carter's PJs are what we have, they are great for long skinny kids!

He was in a BG3.0.  It actually didn't happen overnight, but last night not long after I got him ready for bed.  So the absorbancy of the diaper wasn't the problem.  I guess with boys they just pee so close to the top, the pjs were able to absorb the pee before the diaper could.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know this was brought up before....but I can't remember by whom or what the answer was.  Blah!
    Photobucket Abby............12.27.07
  • Options

We have this sometimes. Actually, for us it's more common during the day when DD is in prefolds and her pants ride up and come into contact with the diaper if I haven't folded it down quite enough. Basically, I just ignore it. Unless the pants are getting really wet (not just damp) I leave it alone. I figure that if she feels a little damp in the area where the diaper is, what's the difference with feeling a little damp in the centimeter above the diaper?

• Options
    this happens to DD. It's doesn't bother DD, she would sleep in a poopy diaper if I let her, nothing bothers her sleep. I just pull it lower so it doesn't roll in. We use fitteds and covers or pockets, and it happens more on the fitteds, but not on the pockets that have a really high rise (mommy's touch). I haven't really used footed PJs for a long time, DD doesn't liek anything on her feet
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This happens to ds all the time - you're right it has nothing to do with absorbency it's just the top of the pj's sort of working over into the waist band of the diaper. It's never all that bad just a touch damp sometimes in spots around the waist band and his bed is totally dry so I don't worry about it. It hasn't bothered ds so it doesn't bother me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I pulled them down a little before he went to bed, and they stayed out of his diaper through the night.  I guess we'll just do that and if he does get a little damp around the top it's no big deal.  It was a very small amount of wetness, didn't bother him at all.  I actually thought at first he crawled through a wet spot on the floor or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"