Eco-Friendly Family
Options

help - red bum

we've been CDing with a combination of prefolds and fitted dipes. We noticed that DS has an angry red diaper area. This happened a few weeks ago, and i think it ammonia build-up (dipes stunk of ammonia when he wet). So we have switched detergent, and every 2-3 washes we added a little bleach to the prefold load, and added boiling water to the other load to try to get any ammonia build-up out.

This time, i haven't noticed a stink at all, so i'm wondering if it is not ammonia. Would detergent residue cause the redness? we're using all small & mighty (4 stars on pinstripesandpolkadots). Could hard well water be causing some type of problem? My routine: I do a cold rinse & spin, then a hot 'heavy soil' wash with extra rinse, small amount of detergent, and vinegar in the fabric softener dispenser. Then an additional warm rinse for good measure.

We have DS in 7th gen sposies until it clears. poor bugger :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: help - red bum

• Options
    I dont know if we have the same issue or not but our little guy gets a pretty red bum (but not really red anywhere else) once in a while but I think it's just from sitting a bit too long in a wet or dirty diaper. ?I just put on some diaper cream (Baby Bees) and it goes right away. ?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"