Eco-Friendly Family
Options

NER: Double Strollers? Who has one?

Any recs? I don't want a Graco DuoGlider - I want something smaller and I don't want to spend a million bucks on something like a Bob since I know I really just use strollers if we're going to the mall, etc. I keep looking at the MacLaren Twin Triumphs and Technos and the Joovy Groove 2, but I'm really open - just want something with a relatively smaller frame that's easy to fold and travel with.

Re: NER: Double Strollers? Who has one?

• Options
    I have a DuoGlider -- it's a BEAST, but it does the job.  
  • Options
    I to have the Graco - Quattro Tour Duo Stroller, and while it is a beast it is great. Not only does it carry my 11 month old, the two year old (31lbs) but my youngest son's ventilator and back up battery. The thing keeps chugging along and easy to use and we're happy Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

we looked at every double imaginable.  I almost went with a joovy caboose, but wanted something with a double seat b/c dd still liked to kick back in the stroller. I opted for a P&T sport buggy with doubles seat.  I honestly didn't care for the Maclaren doubles.  I thought I'd want one b/c they were lightweight.. but I didn't care for the ones I tested.  I looked at baby jogger city mini... still very big and wide.  I looked at bumbleride indie twin (pricey and folds funky but super nice).  When I looked at the P&T online, I didn't think that I'd want it... then I played with a ton of doubles, including it... and it was the way to go for us.  great for walks at the park, in the city, on the go... use as a single or a double.  Not great for big shopping trips unless dd wants to walk a ton... but for us, it was the way to go. 

that being said... a friend of mine has a moutain buggy and loves it.. another has the chicco twin & a baby jogger for actually jogging and loves them... and another has the joovy caboose sit and stand and loves it.

I really think that if you can find them, go play with them.  It's the only way to really know.  

• Options
    I should add that the P&T maneuvers in the stores better than my peg perego P3.. I say not good for big shopping trips b/c if there is a child in the back seat, then I have room for the diaper bag and maybe one or two small bags... no place to put big bags. othewise, it maneuvers like a dream.
  • Options
    We bought a used BOB off Craig's List.  I only plan on using it for things like the zoo and walks to the park since DS (who is almost 2) does not like being in the stroller much any more.  I've test-driven it to the zoo with DS and his friend and it's fantastic.... lots of storage, easy to push.  I do kind of wish I got one with the rotating front wheel though. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"