Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Stinky jar is still stinky

I posted Monday that I picked up some glass canisters at Goodwill to use for CC for Christmas gifts. I stupidly didn't think to open them and one of them REEKS. Actually, it's mostly the lid, but OMG it's awful. I've tried vinegar, baking soda, hot hot hot water and running through the dishwasher. Is this jar a lost cause or does anybody have any other tips?

I'm afraid to put the CC in it for fear of ruining the lovely Pomegranate & Ginger :( Maybe it would actually help though...Ugh.

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker,Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker image

Re: Stinky jar is still stinky

• Options
    Can you stick it outside in some strong direct sunlight and let it air out?  Sorry - I thought the other options would have worked!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What does it smell like?  Is there some sort of plastic on the lid?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes, it's got a rubbery/plastic seal type thing around the rim. Make any sense? And there's an area in the lid that's just trapping the smell I guess.

I can't put my finger on WHAT the smell is. It almost smells like overwhelming peppermint or something else. And I could be way off. And FWIW, I hate mint, so that's not helping matters any. But you can literally smell it from a half a foot away Ick!

• Options
    I'd give hydrogen peroxide or bleach a whirl and see how that works.
  • Options

I haven't tried that yet, so will do. Thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"