Cincinnati Babies
Options

I'm starting to wean....

I have just had enough.... I feel bad for being resentful, but I know that these feelings means I need to stop.... it is just too much now.

I know it is going to take weeks, if not months- b/c Jack is so ridicuosly attached, wish me luck, lots and lots of distractions ahead!

Re: I'm starting to wean....

• Options
    It's amazing that you made it as long as you did! Good luck!
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options

Hugs Melissa! I was actually going to ask you how it's been going because we recently came to that place as well. Weaning at this age is soooo slow. I thought weaning would be a bit more defined but it seems like we make progress one day and then go backwards the next.

Feel free to vent/laugh/cry or anything because I'm right there with you.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Tosha,

Thanks so much! It is nice to have someone else who understands.... lots of ups and downs with this decision.

You are so right about the day by day thing.... I am hoping we can establish a new routine and go from there- but somedays he is VERY persistant and with teething, colds etc- I know it will be hard to say no.

I wish it was nce outside, so I could distract him by going outside, for a walk etc.... Oh well, I will do the best I can.

Anyways, I really appreciate your encouragement! Best wishes with your journey through all of this too!

• Options
    Major props to both of you for making it this long! I'm sure it's a whole different animal then weaning when I did at 8 months so I don't have any advice or anything, but I wish you luck and I hope it's not too terribly hard on you guys, or Jack and Nora.
  • Options
    I am going to ditto Alison....I admire you (and Tosha) for sticking with it this long. I wish I could have done the same but Ryan sort of weaned herself at 8 months. So of course I don't have much advice for you but hang in there! You have done an awesome thing for Jack for so many months!
  • Options
    It must just be that time.  We are starting to do it too.  I just am not "there" anymore and I am working hard with Justin on this.  Lots of hugs and support going out to you guys!
    Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options

Good luck!  I know my reasons for weaning were completely different than yours (not to mention I was weaning myself from a pump rather than a child), but I will say that the hardest part of it is making the decision to do it.  I was afraid to do it b/c I thought it would send me into some kind of post-partum BFing depression (yes I just made that up) but once I did it, the guilt was also gone and I felt a lot better.

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Options
    Good luck Melissa!  Vent to us anytime!  (((HUGS)))
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good Luck girl! You know I am here if you need any support of suggestions. Rylee was just about Jacks age when we started and she was fully weaned by 21 months.
  • Options
    Good luck ladies!  I can't imagine how hard this process will be! 
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"