Parenting
Options

does anyone else hide the pickle on the Xmas tree?

I may have asked this last year.  But, it was a tradition in my DH's family (he says it's a German tradition and they lived there for four years when he was a kid).

So, you hide a pickle ornament on the tree and whoever find it Xmas morning gets an extra present.

It's kinda lame just being me, DH and DD because I hide it and DH always finds it. ;)  I was thinking though of getting Disneyland tickets as the extra present because I know both DH and DD would love.  Anybody else do this?

Re: does anyone else hide the pickle on the Xmas tree?

• Options
    No, but it sounds fun!
  • Options
    OR maybe I should make him get the pickle present this year???  Maybe I get Disneyland (we are in Ca) tickets for part of his Xmas gift.  HMMMM...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, but the disney tix would be an AWESOME extra present!! LOL
    Marcey
    Kaden William 11/4/06 and Dawson Michael 6/30/10
    Dawson's first birthday - at the zoo
  • Options

No, but my mom got me a set of handpainted European ornaments and one was a pickle.  I thought it was weird and quirky, but now it makes so much sense!

I would tell MH about that but then he'd make an adolescent joke about "hiding the pickle"... lol.

• Options

We don't do it, but did you see Costco is selling annual passes plus a $50 gift card to Disneyland?

Do it, do it, do it, do it!

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Nope...but it is super cute!
  • Options
    DH's family does it, and we do it.  His grandma was German and she started it (for us.)
  • Options

I bought a pickle ornament while I was on vacation in Germany.  So far I've just hung it on our tree since it's not really worth hiding.  I got one for my mom too, and she always has an extra present for one of us when we go over there for Christmas.

I think the Disneyland tickets are a great idea!

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"