Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

pain after d & c???

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Hello Everyone,

I have been lurking on this pregnancy loss board for about a week.  It has really helped me to read about losses ? it has really helped me in my recovery process.  I have a question about pain after a d &c.  About a week ago I had a d & c.  I didn?t have any bleeding or cramping for about 4 days.  Then on Thursday I started bleeding and on Friday I was still bleeding with some pain when I would go to bathroom.  I would also feel pain if there was any other pressure like sneezing of coughing.  I called my doctor yesterday and he said it could be a UTI.  I have had a UTI though and this pain is a little different ? it is not really a burning pain. My doctor told me he would give me medication tomorrow for a UTI and if that doesn?t help to come see him.  He told me not to be concerning unless I have a fever, am keeling over in pain, or have a bad smelling discharge ? but I am bleeding so am not sure how I am going to know if I have a bad smelling discharge.  Has anyone experienced a pain like this after their d & c because it is worrying me?

BFP #1 - Missed Miscarriage at 12 weeks, D&C on 11/22/08. You will always be missed and loved BFP #2 - 11dpo 3/11/09, BABY KATELYN IS HERE! BORN 11/19/2009 BFP #3 - 10/22/10 HCG #800, 10/24/10 HCG #1600, BABY JACOB IS HERE! BORN 6/21/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: pain after d & c???

• Options

I'm so sorry for your loss and that you are in pain.  I hope your doctor can get it figured out for you.  Can you go in tomorrow for a urine test to see if it is a UTI?  I would definately ask to be seen if it persists.

The pains I had after my D&C were much different than what you are describing and were a result of retained blood in my uterus.  Sorry I can't be of help with the cause of the pain.  Good luck to you.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm so sorry for you loss. I did have pain and spotting after my d&c - for several weeks, actually. I asked my doctor about it and he told me that as long as the pain wasn't too bad and the bleeding wasn't too heavy, it was to be expected.  If it's a concern, I'd definitely call the doctor again - that's what they're there for.

Hope you get to feeling better soon. 

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss!  After my D&C, I experienced pain off and on as well as bleeding/spotting off and on for three weeks.  I was told that I might experience that since my uterus was shrinking.  If the pain still concerns you, don't hesitate to contact your dr. again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"