Birth Stories

Speedy Delivery

Nolan?s Birth Story

On Friday April 11, Ryan and I went in to the Hospital for another gall bladder attack. I was hospitalized 13 nights in two months due to the pain, and complications from this issue, such as excess bile in the blood, and cholestais. I was sent home that night, ate nothing all day Sat, and had another attack that evening. We went back to the hospital that night, and my OB was on call. He admitted me, and gave me pain medicine for the night. The next morning, (4-13-08) I was given an amnio to check for lung development as Nolan was not due for another 5.5 weeks, and I was so sick. By 8 pm on Sunday, the results were in, and I would be induced the next morning. I was given cervadil that night, and told to rest. At 7:00 am Monday, my OB came in and took the cervidil out, and I was at ? cm only! My OB broke my water, and we waited to see if I would begin cx on my own. By 9:30 am I had no contractions and was still at ? cm. I began the dreaded pitocin. Within 20 min, I was miserable, and wanted an epidural. My nurse told me I was maybe 1cm, but if I ?thought I needed an epidural then? they would give me one. I tried the birthing ball for a little while, but honestly could not balance. I was not able to stand, or walk, and that was before the epidural. I kept telling them that I felt like my hips were breaking. I know that they thought I was being dramatic, but who cares. Finally, I was granted an epidural, and the Dr. came in to give me one. He got the catheter in and realized that he needed to go get the actual numbing medication. . .. GRRRR I was not a happy camper having to wait in all of that pain. While we were waiting for Dr. feelgood to get back, my nurse decided to check me. It was 10:50 am, and I was 10 cm. That?s right, in 1 hour and 20 min, I went from a ? to a 10. . .. talk about a drive through delivery. The epidural was cancelled, and we got right to finding my OB and pushing. I was asked to wait for my OB to push, so at 11:20 am we got to work! 3 pushes and Nolan Martin Minard came in to this world at 6lbs 10 oz 21 inches long. He was beautiful and breathing well! I was thrilled that despite my whining, I did not have an epidural.. . not for lack of trying though. We were in the hospital for 2 more days to monitor my liver enzymes, and I was sent home I had my gall bladder removed at 5 weeks PP and now we can?t wait to be blessed with baby number two!

Re: Speedy Delivery

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"