Infertility
Options

HSG tomorrow...nervous!

I'm so nervous about my HSG tomorrow. It's not so bad, is it? Should I take some leftover vicodin I have, or will ibuprofen be okay??? Thanks!

Re: HSG tomorrow...nervous!

• Options

i'm calling to schedule mine tomorrow, good luck to you! can you post a follow-up when you feel up to it? i'm really nervous about mine, too!!!

good luck, i'll be thinking of you!

• Options

You will be fine!!! It really isn't that bad.  I had myself so nervous and worked up before mine - what I conjured up in my head was WAY worse than the actual procedure.  I got some crampy pain, but I was so involved with watching the screen that I hardly noticed.  If you do have discomfort, just keep reminding yourself that it will only last a minute - it's over before you know it - you can do anything for a minute, right?  The HSG is intimidating because it's often the first "invasive" test people have.  Now, looking back, it was one of the easier things I've had to have done!  I took the ibuprofen as they told me to, and I really felt that my comfort level was quite good.  Try not to worry so much about it - it will definitely not be so bad.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was so worked up for mine and it was nothing. Literally I knew the Dr was down there bc I saw him, but I didn't feel much.

I took 2 tylenol about 1 hour before & had a full bladder (they said that helped).  Good luck!!

• Options

I know that some women have pain, but I had none with mine.  I took Advil before, and I was fine. There was a tiny bit of cramping, like gas pain, and it was over in seconds.  

My tubes were clear, maybe that makes a difference.  Good luck!

Years of trying and treatment, IVF#1 brought us our darling C!
  • Options
    Usually, there's some period like cramping. ?Sometimes, if there is a blocked tube, they will try to push the liquid through the unblock it. ?This can hurt quite a bit. ?Good luck!
  • Options
    I felt a pinch when he put the cath in and the dye felt kinda warm, I guess.  I had just taken Advil.  I do have a DS, though, so that might have made my cervix easier to dilate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"