Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

PP weight loss

how is it going? slowly? gradually? easily? or not without discipline??

are you working out? was it hard to drop the pregnant eating habits?

I lost the first 25 lbs quickly - within the first week or 2. But i havent seen the scale budge in the past 2 weeks. I had this crazy notion that the lbs would just continue to drop at least a 1/2 lb or so each week ...?

Re: PP weight loss

• Options

same here... i lost 30 in the first 3 weeks and now it stopped.....

I think i will start exercising soon...  I really need to.... 

• Options
    My actual baby weight is gone, and then some.  However, ironically I cannot fit into most of my pre-pg clothes.  I still have a jiggly belly, and my boobs are so huge, I can't wear most of my shirts.  It's so frustrating, because the scale itself has been kind, but I don't feel as good as it tells me I should.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here, and it is still hard to get the scale to change.  BTW: I was super annoyed at the regular clothes poll.  I am not even close to fitting in anything, even pp sweats!
  • Options

GL!

The weight was coming off in the first few weeks, but not anymore. I have changed my eating habbits since pregnancy. However, I still love junk food! I need to get off my butt and work out.

• Options
    I lost 25 lbs right away, within the first week or so.  Over the past week, the scale hasn't moved.  And I'm with BecauseICan--I tried on regular clothes when I went shopping last week, several sizes bigger than what I wore pre-pg.  Nothing fit right.  I guess I have to actually work at losing the rest of my weight.  :) 
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Don't worry girls... I myself was also upset that the weight did not come off as fast as I was anticipating.  But now I weigh less than I did before I had DS.  For awhile, I just sat at 5 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight.  And then all of a sudden it just dropped off and then some!!  Good luck.  Just be patient.
  • Options
    In 6 weeks I have lost 25 of my 29 lb weight gain.  I fit into my pre-pg clothes right out of the hospital.  I do notice all the flab on my stomach and my butt is now flat and jiggly.  I made it to the gym for the first time yesterday.....but didn't go today :-)  I just can't find the time to go!!
  • Options
    I am back to my pre pregnancy weight, but I still want to lose another 10 to 15 pounds.  Thanksgiving hasn't helped this goal!
    Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • Options
    I've lost it all plus about 10 lbs.  I'm ecstatic!  Cept all of my pp jeans are falling off of me.  But it's an excellent excuse to buy new clothes.
  • Options

I'm stuck at 140. I was 122 pre pregnancy. I can fit into my yoga pants (they stretch!) and one pair of jeans.

I am eating healthfully. Finding it hard to get exercise. November and December suck in Seattle (rain) so I haven't been walking much. I'm going to try to get to a yoga class this week.  

I thought the pounds would melt away! I EBF and DS has gained six pounds in the time I have not lost a single one! 

• Options

I gained 26 lbs total. I lost 21lbs in 2 weeks. And the last 5 it took like 4 extra weeks. My body shape is not the same though.?

I also had the crazy notion that bfing would miraculously take the weight off & then some. But I guess that's really only if you're eating well.

It's really hard for me not to eat like I'm still pg. I have a love affair with chocolate that I didn't have before i was pg, but has since gotten way out of hand.

I have started to exercise while rocking dd. ?

• Options

I lost 30-35 within the first 3 weeks (of 50 lbs gained) and then it has only been 5 lbs in the 11 weeks since then.  I had a c section and was very limited in what I could do for the first 6 weeks.  But since then, I have been working out 5 days a week - I even ran in a 5 mile turkey trot on Thanksgiving, but the weight loss has all but stopped.  I EBF and I thought that would keep things going.  I just bought 2 pairs of one size bigger pants so that I could feel more comfortable when I go out without always wearing sweat pants, and am hoping it will just happen one day like one of the pp's said.  It is amazing the range of stories - from 5 months out and still not fitting into pre-preg clothes to losing it all in a few weeks and then some.  I try not to get discouraged as I am on my own journey here with my DD and DH.  Good luck. 

• Options

I lost the first 17 in 3 weeks and then got stuck with the last 15 for about 6 weeks...until I joined WW. I guess I needed a little bit of discipline, (while making sure I ate enough to nurse well) I think I was having a hard time making the change from pregnancy eating to non pregnancy eating ...ha! Esp the last month or so before I had DS, I really let lose ....lol. Anyway, WW has been a Godsent. I am now on my 6th week and down 10lbs. I used to be so hungry all the time, but with not much time to actually cook, so I'd pretty much snack all day...a LOT of empty calories! Writing everything down really helped pinpoint the problem. Now I am more careful of what I eat, make sure I get enough protein...and the weight keeps coming off, with basically no effort.

That being said, no need to join WW :-)  The lbs WILL come off on their own......just try to be more mindful of what you eat if you can, but make sure you eat enough to keep your energy up!

• Options
    I've lost 33lbs thus far but haven't really lost any in 2 weeks.  I want to start working out just can't get my ASS off the couch to do it!  I still think I look great though, but I guess anything is better than having a GIANT belly like I did 2 months ago.  NONE of my PP jeans fit I have 6 lbs to get to my prePregnancy weight and 15 to my ideal. 
  • Options
    I lost a ton of weight the first month and then the weight loss slowed down to 1-2 pounds a week.  Now I am about 5 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight.  It seems that in the past 3 weeks all of a sudden I can fit into my tiniest pp jeans (by fit into I mean they button up...I still wouldn't want to wear a shirt that shows my  midriff lol).   I eat much better than I did while pregnant... I find that with ebfing I need to eat good, wholesome foods or I start feeling really weak.  That being said, I also drink my share of chocolate milkshakes and haven't started excercising yet.  I think I am going to start excercising because even though my jeans fit my tummy isn't very toned and the extra skin looks weird. Hmm
  • Options
    Same deal here.  I lost a bunch in the first few weeks and now it's at a stand still.
  • Options
    I gained a little over 60 lbs.  Lost 30 of it in 3 months, about 1-2lbs a week I am losing still.  I am watching what I eat, but not crazy calorie counting becaue I am bf and super hungry at times.  I also worked out 6 times a week on maternity leave.  Now that I am back at work I shot for 2 times a week better than nothing.  I still am gradually losing the weight.  so your crazy notion is true.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I gained 30 pounds and it came off very quickly. A lot of that was water, though (I had severe pre-eclampsia and was increibly swollen). I was down 17 lbs when I left the hospital and lost the other 13 by 2 weeks pp. After reaching my pp weight, the weight loss has stopped. I would like to lose another 15 pounds, but I have only lost 2 more pounds in 4 weeks. I have not started exercising yet except for taking a few walks, but I am going to kick it into gear this week. I was pretty disciplined with eating while I was pg, so I didn't have too many bad eating habits to break. I've still been splurging some, though.
    The little love of my life... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Give yourself some time (and a break!) - I didn't get back to a normal shape until around 3 months, and to close to my PP weight until 4 months. I worked out while I was pregnant, and resumed when my daughter was around 8 weeks. I've still got a little bit of work to do to look the way I want to, but overall it's completely acceptable.

At 2 months out, I was really nervous too, I wish I hadn't been and just enjoyed my little one! :)

• Options

Since this is baby #2, I can share my whole PP weight loss experience, rather than just the first few weeks or months.  I gained 51 pounds while PG with Ellie.  I lost 30 by the end of week 1 and by 6 weeks PP, I had lost another 6 pounds.  I hovered there (despite working out and eating as well as I could with an infant) for about 3 more months.  When I stopped thinking about it and accepted the fact that this is what my new body looked like, the weight started to come off again (about 6 months PP).  My stomach also looked more normal at this point and I was only about 5 pounds from my pre-preg weight.  When I stopped BF'ing (at 1 year) the rest of the weight came off.  I was already PG again so I didn't get to enjoy it for too long but I eventually got back to where I was.  It takes time and patience!  Relax and enjoy your babies. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"