Toddlers: 24 Months+

DD fell out of grocery cart today

She rolled backwards into the cart and landed on her head in a glass bowl. I have no idea how she didn't break the bowl. She SCREAMED almost as bad as when she chipped her tooth. She is bound and determined to crack her skull open this month, I swear. Thank goodness she is fine, not even a bruise, but I will never make her sit in the cart again. I'll chase her all over the store if I have to, and it might take me 5 hours to do my shopping, but I keep having visions of her falling forward instead, and it terrifies me.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DD fell out of grocery cart today

• OMG!  HOW SCARY!  Makes me scared to put DD in a cart now!  I can't even imagine!  You might need duct tape for this one!....lol
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know how you feel. DD feel out of out living room window on Thanksgiving. The windows are down to the floor and someone opened it and she leaned on the screen and flipped back word.  She screamed her head off but was just fine.  Scared me to DEATH! Don't feel bad, it happens to us all at one point or another.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That's so scary!  Was she strapped...alot of carts have broken straps or none at all.  I'm glad she's ok. 

• Poor thing!  She's had a rough month, huh?
  • Thank goodness she is ok!  Your life must be interesting with your little daredevil.

I know that this is probably a little after the fact, but many of the shopping cart covers have lap buckles in them.  DD falling out of the shopping cart is also one of my fears, so I buckle her to the cart. 

• You guys have had a really rough few weeks. Poor little dare devil is learning the joys of gravity and physical limitations early.?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagecostfords:

I know that this is probably a little after the fact, but many of the shopping cart covers have lap buckles in them.  DD falling out of the shopping cart is also one of my fears, so I buckle her to the cart. 

I stopped putting the buckles on her a while ago because ... I'm an idiot. Naturally we'll use them now, though the cart she fell out of didn't have a buckle. I'm not sure how she managed to get her legs out so quickly, because my hand was on the cart and I broke a nail on the cart trying to catch her. Technically, I was the most injured one in the whole experience, though I'm sure she must have had a mondo headache.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How scary!  Glad she's ok!
    Married 6/20/06~Mommy to 2 beautiful girls
  • This happened to my DD when she was 17 months old. She fell forward out of the cart and right onto her head. She had a big goose egg but she was fine overall. It happens more than you think. Don't feel guilty- kids will be kids. Glad she is okay.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"