1st Trimester

Cant stop worrying..

I know this has been posted before.. But I am about 6 weeks along right now and our 1st appt is Dec 8th. I am worrying over everything right now. I just am hoping everything will be alright. (and I dont know what to really expect next week at the appt) Like will we be able to see or hear anything at exactly 7 weeks? Im just nervous. Probaly mainly because I dont "feel" pg right now. Besides headaches and cramping/bloat. (and about 30 hpts) lol. Any adivce on how to get through this next week without worrying so much and some peace of mind with the ultrasound or heartbeat or anything? Thanks Ladies...

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: Cant stop worrying..

• Here is advice to follow your whole pregnancy, which is alot easier said than done....don't worry about anything until they give you a reason to worry about something. 
  • Huh. Let me know when you find out!! I have my 8 week on Thursday and I'm pretty nervous about it. Good luck, though- I'll try and remember to post on Thursday night if it will make you feel better. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I was a worrier on and off for my pregnancy.  I just kept reminding myself that worry didn't do me any good and could cause issues.  It didn't always work, but it was true, so try not to worry too much.

iirc, the first appt (8 weeks) wasn't much of anything.  It was a week after my ultrasound and they spent most of the appt going over routine stuff.  They asked a lot of questions, told me what to do and not to do, that sort of thing.  It had actually been over a year since my last annual, so they did all the normal annual stuff at the same time.  I know they didn't listen for the heartbeat (is the heart formed by then?) because my husband was with me for that appt and didn't hear the heartbeat until I went to the hospital in false labor in the 9th month.

Honestly, none of the appts were anything to dread.  Pee in a cup, get your weight and blood presure taken.  At some point they start listening to the heartbeat.  Later on, they'll start feeling the baby to see which way it's positioned.  In the 3rd tri, they start doing internal exams.  

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG, i feel the same way you do. I am, bloated and gassy, along with being very thirsty. I am just scared that when i go to the dr (havent made appt yet, just got BFP) it will be bad news. I dont have any reason to think negatively, but i feel like this is too good to happen to me...

GL to you! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You have to stop!  I used to worry like crazy too!  It is not good for you or your baby.  If you think you are worried now just wait until the baby acctually gets here, then the REAL worry begins!  You will worry about them eating, pooping, being sick,  and the list goes on.  Relax!

• I feel the same way.  I'm just trying to tell myself, that I am pregnant "right now" until proven otherwise.  Even if something were to go wrong, this early on nothing could really be done.  As pp said, don't worry until you have something to worry about!  Enjoy this time, our babies will be here before you know it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It is SO normal to worry like crazy, especially in the very very beginning when all your hormones are changing. I remember bawling my eyes out to DH in our kitchen at around 6 weeks because I didnt believe I was really pregnant. It's probably impossible not to worry, but try to relax because the odds of having a healthy pregnancy are really in your favor when you think about it.
  • You are me, except that you get to have your appointment four days before me - mine's Dec 12. So I consider you a lucky duck!

No seriously, good luck with the wait. It sucks. Pregnancy is full of waiting, starting with the damn 2ww and then it just gets worse, huh? Good luck!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My dad (who is an obgyn), was calming me down after I got pregnant and was going through the same worry phase as you, said the following to me - "enjoy this moment, enjoy that you are pregnant and be excited, because chances are things will be fine and if you spend the entire time worrying about what could go wrong you will look back and realize you didn't enjoy any of it." So I have enjoyed it, I have had my moments where I have been so sick I wondered what I was thinking but I remind myself that I need to enjoy this phase.

So approach every dr's appt with excitement and if you start to worry just stop yourself and concentrate on something else. Oh... and if someone starts to share with you a pregnancy/birth horror story or anything else like that stop them. Really. You will be shocked at how many people will launch into the worst story they know the minute they find out you are pregnant.?

So relax and enjoy this moment! Especially because you are PREGNANT (!!) and not sick. And you may not get sick, but you are in what I refer to as the glory phase - you are pregnant without any uncomfortable symptoms. And that is a wonderful thing!?

?

• I keep reminding myself that lots and lots and lots of women have normal pregnancies and healthy babies. I find comfort in the safety-in-numbers concept. :)
  • Stop worrying!  You are making yourself miserable!  You should be able to see something by then if you are truly 8 weeks along.  I am 6w4d now and just saw the baby and heartbeat on an abdominal scan. (I work at a hospital and have connections-sorry) The heart rate was 136 bpm but was to small to hear yet..  I saw the first heartbeat at 5 wks4days on a transvag scan but the fetal pole was too small to measure and at that time we could barely pick up the yolk sac on an abdominal scan.  Until they can measure the fetal pole its hard to know exactly how far along you are.  But rest assure your Dr will be able to see something if they do a scan. My 8 wk appt will be on Dec. 11th. I dont feel pregnant either!  Just keep yourself occupied and Good luck!  Keep me posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"