Infertility
Options

3DT vs 5DT - interesting link inside.

I was convinced that since my fert report came back w/only 3 embryos that I would push for a 3DT - now I'm not so sure.  Check this out.

https://www.sharedjourney.com/articles/3vs5.html

Re: 3DT vs 5DT - interesting link inside.

• Options
    Very interesting, thanks for posting. My clinic only does 5 dt if you have more than 5 embryos becuase they don't want to risk it with less than 5.
    IVF #3 = ID Twin Boys TTC #3, June 2011 FET #1 m/c 9 Weeks, October FET #2 BFN, December FET #3 BFN, March FET #4 c/p, June FET #5 BFN, July FET #6 embie didn't survive the thaw IVF#4 September 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Identical twin boys born at 30 weeks 2 days due to HELLP
  • Options
    Great information!  Thank you for sharing. 
    Years of trying and treatment, IVF#1 brought us our darling C!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep, my RE office will only do 5dt's. They are very adamant that a 3dt will not give you the results you want. They don't care if you only have 1 embie - they'll push you to 5 days.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Although I don't agree with him that clinics do 3dts because they're lazy and are trying to save themselves money or they don't want to have to explain embies that die out before 5dts, but I did find it interesting that the environment in the fallopian tube is different than that of the uterus. I always thought that putting weak embies back into the uterus at 3d was better than leaving them in an artificial environment like the petri dish.

After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"