Trying to Get Pregnant

O pains...How long?

For those of you that get O pains/discomfort, how long do they usually last?  I usually get them but this cycle they seem to be lasting longer than usual.  They started early Saturday morning and got stronger and are still persisting now.  I got a +OPK yesterday so I figured my body is gearing up to O, do you think it's possible that I still haven't O'ed based on the pains persisting?  Maybe my body is having a hard time releasing the egg?  Thought you ladies would be the best to ask. TIA

btw, I have read TCOYF however I don't temp due to a crazy work schedule (some 36hr shifts) but I do chart with my CM (watery to EWCM since Friday), check cervial position, and use OPK's which all point to Oing sometime soon (if not already).

Re: O pains...How long?

• I experienced what I think were O pains one time and they lasted on and off for about 24 hours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • the first time I ever realized they were O pains was this cycle because I was more aware of my body. Before starting TTC I didn't even know what day I O'd on. Mine lasted for about a day..they were sharp on one side and came and went all day long.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had it last for 3 days before.  Usually only a couple of hours though.  I chart and sometimes I feel it before I O and sometimes up to a day after.  So there's no real way to know that you've O'd for sure without charting.
  • Whenever I have O pains I can usually feel them on and off for about a day.

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• Thanks all.  The pains are lessening.  I think I'll try taking 1 more OPK tonight and if it's negative like I am thinking it will be then I can assume I O'ed yesterday or today.
  • Mine are usually very strong for a day, but I may have some very light cramping before or after that day (that lasts an extra day).  Good luck confirming w/ CM/CP. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"