Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Help with biting while BF

My son just got his two bottom teeth this week and thinks it's great to bite me!  He bites if I offer the breast if he doesn't want it or bites at the end of nursing for kicks.  Since he's done or uninterested, it doesn't matter if I withdraw the breast.  I've been yelling ouch and putting him down when he does it - but he just laughs.  He's 9.5 months old and I want to nurse until a year so I really need to get this figured out.  TIA!

Re: Help with biting while BF

• the biting was rough with those first two teeth but once they were "done" the biting got way better and wasn't even close to being that bad with subsequent teeth.  it sucks, but try not to give him a reaction if he does it.  The teeth are new and painful to him so he's just experimenting; hang in there if you can!. 
  • I gently pull him in toward my breast, this blocks his nose, and he immediately releases so he can breath through his mouth.   Then he latches on again and we continue.  Like pp said, I don't give him a reaction.  I definitely don't want it to become a fun game!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"