Trying to Get Pregnant

NGPR: That Beeyatch rewrote my paper!

Ok, I need to vent. In one of my classes I had to write paper on a company's supply chain. You could either do it on your own or pair with 2 other people. I was originally going to do it on my own (I live far from school so I just figured it would be better to be by myself) but 2 other girls approached me and asked if I would join them. I gave in and said yes. One of the girls picked the company. She actually works for this company. This company makes sealants and waterproofing stuff- things I have no idea about. She said that she would interview every department, create notes and the other girl and myself can write it up.

So, she interviewed every department EXCEPT the supply chain piece. She said she would get to that this past Wed. 2 wks ago I wrote my part and the other girl wrote her part and we were just waiting for, ya know, the most important part- the Supply Chain info!

Ok, here's the kicker. I merged my write up with the other girls, send it to both girls 2 wks ago. The one girl (not the one who works at that company) said it looked good. Not a peep from the company girl. This morning I get an email from the company girl and she RE-WROTE THE ENTIRE thing! I mean, seriously, ripped everything apart and said she didnt like it and she said frankly, she thinks her version is better. My hands are tied because this paper is due tomorrow and there is no way I have the time to argue with her. I told her I was pissed at her for doing that but what can I do? I really dont like her version. He grammar is horrible (shes chinese and doesnt speak good english) and the flow is choppy. She is really sticking to the fact that hers is better and thats that. Basically I have no say.

Sorry for the LONG vent. I had to get this out. Im so mad at this beeeyyatch. I cant wait to tell it to her face tomorrow. Should I even say anything to the professor? I dont want to seem like I cant work well with others -lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NGPR: That Beeyatch rewrote my paper!

• holy shit thats long- sorry....you dont have to read all that. Just typing it out makes me feel better!
  • Aly-- If you think that it is grammatically a mess and that she changed everything, I would email or talk with your professor. You guys made a plan and one person changed it. If anything, your prof. will keep that in mind when reading.

( Must be the teacher in me, but I think ANY good teacher would want to know this).

• Loading the player...
  • imagejrandv:

Aly-- If you think that it is grammatically a mess and that she changed everything, I would email or talk with your professor. You guys made a plan and one person changed it. If anything, your prof. will keep that in mind when reading.

( Must be the teacher in me, but I think ANY good teacher would want to know this).

Thank you. I'm glad I posted. DH and I were going back and forth about whether I should tell the prof. Thank you for your response!

• Honestly, I would work it out tonight. Decide with the group what you are going to fix and then fix it, even if it means a late night. In my experience, professors will respond to complaints like this by saying your group should've been at this state earlier in the game to work these things out or asked him/her for mediation help earlier. I'm not saying you personally haven't done your part in a timely manner, just giving possible professor-speak. I'd rather have a fight tonight and pull an all-nighter than turn in something that doesn't reflect the work that you personally put in and have it reflected in your grade. It sounds really frustrating!
  • I know it's late, but can you use her information to write your own version of the paper and make sure that you give her credit.  Then maybe talk to the professor and let her know what happened and that you weren't happy with the finished project and that you'd like to be graded on your version, even though everyone helped to gather information? 

The prof has every right to say "no," but if you took some initiative yourself, it might be better than just a random complaint. 

***************************** Our beautiful daughter was born in October 2009. Turns out she was quite the miracle. After two years of TTC, diagnosed with DOR. A couple of failed treatment cycles later, we decided to let go of our hope for more biological children and explore adoption.
  • Group projects in college are the F*cking WORST!! I think you are stuck now, so during the eval I'd definitly let the prof kow that this is not your work. GL I do not envy you !
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"