Trying to Get Pregnant

temping accuracy

I know lots of people ask this but my chart has lots of open circles and I know it's cos I take my temp at a different time everyday (I work 3 days/week and school the other 2) Is the only way to make the data more accurate to take it at the exact same time everyday? ?The problem is, the work days I wake up at 5:30 and I do not want to wake up that early everyday (I can't fall back asleep once I've woken up-yay for me!)

?Just realized I've posted a TON today!?image??Maybe spending too much time on the computer, ha ha.

Re: temping accuracy

• Unfortunately that is the only way... I would say temp the other two days at 5:30. Maybe in the beginning you won't go back to sleep but after a while you may get used to it.
  • I think you get an open circle if you temp at different times and if you mark "sleep deprived." So yes, temping at the same time everyday is critical.

If you don't want to wake up the same time everyday, you will continue to get open circles and have unreliable data. I wake up at 630 am everyday, including weekends. On weekends I temp and go back to sleep.

I guess you have to decide if it's worth it to you to have reliable data or not.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. ?Good thing DH can sleep through an earthquake!!
  • Definitely need to do the same time every day.  Otherwise you are basically wasting your time.  Give it a try and I bet you'll get used to it and be happy you did!
  • imageJillian356:
    Definitely need to do the same time every day.  Otherwise you are basically wasting your time.  Give it a try and I bet you'll get used to it and be happy you did!

I totally agree. You'll be able to depend on your chart a lot more if you wake up every day at 5:30. You'll learn to go back to sleep.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"