Cincinnati Babies

Online photo sharing websites & vent

We've always used Snapfish and they have been fine. My parents and ILs all upload and share pictures with eachother through the site. Recently, however, I noticed a change which really makes me mad.

You used to be able to right-click on a picture and save it to your desktop (or whever) for use electronically (upload to facebook, etc.). Now, though, you can't do that - you have to "download" the picture through Snapfish, which costs $. This is not only for pictures that other people have sent you but for ones you upload yourself! Now of course if I uploaded the picture myself I can always get it from my camera directly without putting it on Snapfish, but I just wanted to save a few pictures my MIL sent me and I can't - I'm going to have to ask her to e-mail them to me or something.

So...does anyone know if on shutterfly or another photo hosting website you can right click and save pictures?

Re: Online photo sharing websites & vent

• that is annoying!  this may not be a great solution but I use 'ctrl + prt sc' to copy things that are un-copyable.  it copies exactly what's on your screen (tool bars and all) but then you can paste it into something like powerpoint and then edit it down to just the image you want.  It's a lot of work for multiple pics but works great if you need just a few.

• First of all, your siggy pic is ADORABLE!!!  Those girls are so precious.  Kadence looks like she is about to say something, Piper looks like a little elf, and the kiss picture is just too cute for words.

Second of all, HOW ANNOYING!  I would be so mad!

I have always used Shutterfly for online storage of pictures.  I know that when I sent a Shutterfly album link to my uncle, he was actually able to copy pictures from my album into one of his.  Shutterfly has since changed their format, but I think you can still right-click and save pictures.  I just tried it on one of my own and it did let me save the picture to my desktop.  Here is a link to one of my albums, see if you can right click on the pictures and save them.   https://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYsmLJq2ZOGHL

My sister uses Walmart for all of her photo storage, and I also have some pics on Winkflash, but I don't know if either of them support the right-click save thing.

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh that bites!  I just noticed that!  I do not like that at all!  I also use shutterfly and you can right click and save.  The thing I don't like about shutterfly is they always have white spaces on both sides if you have a long picture saved.  I have a friend that uses Kodak and I can right click also.
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• First I love your new siggy! How precious!

In our family we share pictures using Kodak.com, I've never been charged or had any problems saving them to my computer when my SIL sends them to me. Also, if you want you can have them printed at home, or sent to a store to pick up. HTH

• That really stinks!!  I use both Shutterfly and Kodak gallery.  I like Kodak gallery better b/c like Cat said the shutterfly pics always have the white blocks on the side.   One thing I like about Kodak is that if you have an account (they are free) and someone sends you pics through kodak it will automatically save them to your account under "Friend's Albums"  this comes in handy if you forget to save something on your own!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks everyone! We'll probably switch to Shutterfly or Kodak. Now I just need to convince my very-technologically challenged Dad to switch when he just got the hang of Snapfish (and will probably have no idea what I'm talking about when I explain why I want to switch...LOL).
  • Your siggy pic is adorable!  Both of your girls are beautiful! 

I use Picasa Web Album from Google to share my photos.  I am not sure about the right click thing.  I will post a link to one of my albums and you can try it and see.  Picasa is totally free.  I have been using it since the day it came out and I love that I can store my pics, edit them, organize and then upload for sharing with one program.

Link to my album:

https://tinyurl.com/5ew5vs
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I just tried right click and it worked for me on Picasa
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Webshots has a download button as well, so you could use that. I've found them to always be user-friendly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I second hav2run on Picasa - it's free to use and you can buy prints through a few different sites.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"