Success after IF
Options

The IL's have gone home... thank goodness!

Ugh!  Normally they aren't too bad to deal with, but this time my MIL drove me freaking crazy!  They came down Thanksgiving Day (they live 4 hours away) and this is the first time they have seen DS.  She kept referring to DS as "it" the entire weekend... okay, my baby has a name and he is a boy - not an "it".  She would barely hold DS all weekend and when she did it was for about 2 minutes and if he made the slightest noise, she practically threw him back to DH or myself.  Then last night they decided they wanted to do some photos (FIL is a photographer) right when DS was going to sleep so they insisted on waking him up and then wondered why he was so fussy.  So after DH tried to settle DS down and couldn't, he gave him to me and I was able to get him back to sleep and my MIL asked DH if he felt rejected because I could get DS back to sleep and he couldn't (he didn't feel rejected by the way!) and then told DH that he shouldn't feel rejected because "it's just a baby".  At one point when they were trying to set up the pose for a picture she pretended like she was holding him and made this crying sound (insinuating that all DS does is cry and he doesn't at all - only when he's hungry or tired).  I don't know why her comments/actions this time got me so irritated but they did.  I'm sure I'm overreacting.  She is just definitely not your typical grandma type - especially compared to my mom and stepmom.  Anyway, if you got this far, thanks for listening! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The IL's have gone home... thank goodness!

• Options
    Wow, I'm glad she's gone for youParty!!! It sounds like you SON is a good judge of character and that's why HE cried around her. I don't think you are overreacting, I would have been very irritated too!
    For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

wow, stay classy grandma!!

Sorry for the icky inlaws. I know how that can be. Mine doesnt trust me to make a good decision for my unborn baby I think - she wanted to know the name of our dr so she could check them out to see if she was a good one or not - at 36 weeks. Like we could/would change......

At least she is gone.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    She seems a little extreme.  It sounds like she has never had a baby!  Wow, I would be glad that they were gone too.  Sorry your turkey day was crappy.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

After 21 cycles, and severe MFI, we finally did it with IVF #1 w/ICSI! Nico arrived 12/3/08!!!
    TTC for #2: IVF w/ICSI #2-4/17/10-BFN; IVF w/ICSI #3; 7/4/10-BFP!!! Beta #1- 96; Beta #2-528; Beta #3- 7371; 6w,5d-blited ovum=D&C :(
    IUI #2 1/10/11-BFN; IUI #3 2/18/11-BFN
    IVF #4 w/ICSI & PICSI ER 5/13/11, ET 5/1/118-BFP!! Natalee arrived on 1/23/12!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Blog: Miracles Can Happen
    Parenthood Blog: The Adventures of Nico & Natalee
  • Options
    Oh, I feel your pain.  My MIL was here for two weeks and practically drove me to get a hotel room.  It was just too much.  What a sigh of relief when company leaves.  Her comments were so rude.  Doesn't she know to never wake a sleeping baby?  Now you will have your home back to normal and you and your DH can do whatever you want. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Wow, I'm with ela81....he's a good judge of character already! Even for "just being a baby"...ha..ha. She would have bugged the crap out of me...good for you for hanging in there! : )

• Options
    ILs can be so irritating, huh? Glad you are rid of them and hopefully your MIL will learn how to play nice before she comes back.
  • Options
    Wow - she sounds like a nightmare.  And "it"?  Seriously?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • Options
    You are such a better person than me!  I would have snarked right back at her!  The good news is that they're gone and you can spend time with your favorite guys!
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"