1st Trimester
Options

LARPing while pregnant?

2»

Re: LARPing while pregnant?

• Options
    alyssa719 said:

I *still* don't understand how LARP = contact sport.  It's a serious question.

LARP = themed events where participants hit/shoot at/otherwise battle each other using weapons made of padded PVC pipe etc.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options
    I would base it on your group Mama. some groups can get really violent, where as some have rules against contact that can leave bruises. 
    I would do it if its not too rowdy of a group. 
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My favorite thing about this post is everyone leaving new advice. OP probably has a 5 year old joining her in the battle field by now.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    alyssa719 said:
    I'm totally confused here - I tried to LARP in high school and sucked at it, but there was *never* anything that would make it labeled "contact sport" or a "sport" in general, so I guess maybe it was a different game?! 

That being said, is there a local one you can play while pregnant that *wouldn't* involve the contact portion?
    There are different types of LARPing.  Sounds like the OP participates (participated? it's a 5 year old thread) in a type called Boffer larping, which is a high physical/low story variant that involves large combats with armor and foam padded PVC weapons.  

I'm not super familiar with LARPing (I'm a pen and paper girl), but I wouldn't recommend a contact LARP while pregnant, even if you have a special agreement that you'd be exempt from the combat part.  I wouldn't necessarily trust that someone wouldn't get over exuberant in the "heat of battle."  

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"