Success after IF

Infant Carrier? Moby vs. Bjorn

We know we want an Ergo for when the baby is older. But we want one for when the baby is still small. I have read that the Ergo is not good for infants. Which do you suggest for Infants? I am just leery that DH won't wear the Moby, but wouldn't have a problem with the Bjorn....thoughts?
Beta #2 = 836
Beta #1 = 160
IUI#1 50mg Clomid = BFP!
TTC #2 DX is .49 AMH

DD Born 5/15/09
10/2 We have a beautiful Heartbeat!
IUI #3 BFP! Beta #1 = 13, Beta #2 = 143, Beta #3 = 321, Beta #4 = 1300 Beta #5 = 6319
IUI #2 = CP
IUI #1 = BFN
Unexplained IF
TTC since June 2007
Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Infant Carrier? Moby vs. Bjorn

• I have not used the Bjorn, but I have read that they are bad for the baby's hips and uncomfortable for mom's back and shoulders.  I absolutely LOVE my moby wrap (there is a post further down the page about the moby).  If you got the moby in black, would your DH wear it?

My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • I'm not sure if he'd be keen on the whole wrap thing. But I too have read that the Bjorn has baby's weight on the crotch rather than hips.?
    Beta #2 = 836
    Beta #1 = 160
    IUI#1 50mg Clomid = BFP!
    TTC #2 DX is .49 AMH

DD Born 5/15/09
    10/2 We have a beautiful Heartbeat!
    IUI #3 BFP! Beta #1 = 13, Beta #2 = 143, Beta #3 = 321, Beta #4 = 1300 Beta #5 = 6319
    IUI #2 = CP
    IUI #1 = BFN
    Unexplained IF
    TTC since June 2007
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a bjorn and a big DD. I haven't used it in months because it hurts my lower back so much. 
  • Bjorns aren't ergonomically good for either babies or parents.

I'm not a big wrapper, but I used my ring sling for DD from her first week of life.  Now that she's 14.5 pounds, the ring sling strains my shoulder after a longer period of time, so mei tais are a lot more comfortable.

DH never got the hang of the ring sling, but he loves the mei tai.  He likes the Kozy; I like the Sachi, but I'll wear either.  I hauled DD through a 2-hour, 2 mile hike through Mammoth Cave yesterday in the Kozy and never had a problem.  With smaller babies, you just put them in the mei tai in sort of a Buddha sit/frogleg position.  It's good from very early days.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We didn't buy the Bjorn, but the cheaper Chicco version.  My DH will wear it around the house because it's easy to put on.  Miles and I both like the Moby better.  He's more cozy in it b/c he's right next to my body and can feel me...plus it's sooooooo much easier on the shoulders and back.  The carrier hurts me after just a few minutes, but the Moby I could wear for hours and it not bother me one bit. 

My advice on the Moby is to watch all the youtube videos you can find and practice, practice, practice.  Your DH might like it after he tries it on compared to the Bjorn.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have both, DH won't wear the moby, but he uses the bjorn when we go out and he is going to carry E. We both do not like the feel of the bjorn, but since we use it so rarely we are not going to invest in another one, since E loves his stroller. I love my moby and I agree with Emily, watch the videos! There are also other holds on the sleep wrap website!
    2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • The Moby is really meant for a snug wrap for like 0-6 months.  You cannot compare the "Bjorn" to the "Moby" --- they work completely differently.  I say use the Moby for the early months and switch to the Ergo after 6 months (or the Butterfly Beco).   
  • we have both and use both. One thing to note: I thought we would use an Ergo later on, but G hates facing in -- he really wants to face out when carried, and only the Moby and Bjorn let you do that. Wait on your next purchase once you know what kind your child will like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"