Secondary IF

opk question...

Has anyone used them?  I am, and I am having a hard time figuring it out.  So, I've been using them for a week, and at first nothing, then gradually a faint second line, and now for the past two days I've had two definite lines, but they aren't quite the same color. Close, but one is still darker than the other.  Have I just not surged yet?  Could the two lines be the surge? I tried not to drink a lot of liquid before I tested, but maybe it was too diluted?  Today is day 17 and I'm on my first cycle of Clomid.  What do you think?  I'd love to hear anyones experiences with them. Thanks!

Re: opk question...

• I use opk's a lot. I have always gotten a faint line then changed to darker. However my line will usually get darker then the control. I would bd tonight just in case, but test again tomorrow, it might be + by then. (oh and sorry I dont know much abotu clomid).
  • Thanks!  I think thats what we'll do. Bd tonight jsut to be sure and then test again tomorrow.

• Loading the player...
  • Clomid can affect the outcome of an OPK and give you a false negative.  I have ovulated a grand total of twice on clomid and neither of them showed on an OPK.

I have always gotten 2 lines but the test line has to be the same color or darker than the control for a positive.  What you could do if you wanted to is invest in a Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor.  That shows you a positive with a digital smiley face.  It's easier than trying to figure out the lines.  There may be other digital OPK's but I havent been in the market for them since I found out about the false negatives. GL

• I agree, buy the Clearblue Easy Ovulation Kits with the smiley face. That way you do not need to interrupt the color of the line. They are pricey, but I found then for $28.00 at Walmart. They only have 7 sticks, but worth it.

I hope you get pregnant!!!!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"