Parenting after a Loss
Options

Feel like a horrible mother today.

I have had "one of those days".  She didn't sleep well last night and DH & I had an argument so I didn't either.  Well, she was up ALL day - no naps and CRANKY!  I had to leave.  I lost my proverbial sh!t.  I went to the grocery store for 20 min (she was with DH) and I come home to her sleeping in her vibrating chair.  I haven't eaten all day, my head hurts, my back hurts and I feel like crap.  I just feel like I am doing something wrong.  And.... I think I am getting sick.

Re: Feel like a horrible mother today.

• Options
    Oh sweetie... while she's napping, go take care of yourself.  Make something yummy to eat, take some pain reliever for your aches and pains and try and lay down.  You deserve some down time.  You're not a horrible mom!!!
  • Options
    I completely understand. That was me yesterday. You're not a horrible mom. You need to take care of yourself too.?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You're NOT a bad mom!

You're human!

Trust me.. there are days when you're just out of gas.

the other day I felt like a piece of crap because Robbie had been up all night long.. wouldn't sleepy, fussy beyond control, I'd had like an hour's sleep.. I put him on his play mat and laid down in the recliner. He was happy on the playmat for maybe 5 minutes.. then fussed for the next 15 but I just couldn't get up and get him. I had nothing left to give. I didn't sleep, but I laid there with my eyes closed just regrouping.

I'm not a fan of CIO and in the end he didn't. He wasn't hysterical.. just mad.. and eventually I got up and made him happy again. But I had to have 15 minutes of not being flailed at to rest my eyes..

There are days hubby comes home and I'm like "look. I'm going to take a shower. I need 15 minutes of quiet. I NEED A BREAK."

He looks at me like I"m nutty but he's not here with a screaming infant all day.

• Options
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support!  I just sometimes feel like nothing I do is right and it is sooo frustrating.  DH is also having surgery in 9 days and I know I am going to be on my own for a while after that so I am starting to get anxious. 
  • Options

I'm so sorry. 

Step one, eat something

step two - draw a bath and get in bathtub

step three - have DH  bring your daughter to you and bathe her.  If she's like my child she will love it and you'll both be able to relax

• Options
    You're not a horrible mother...not even close.  We all have those days.  Take this time and take a tylenol, maybe a bath or a book.  Something to help you chill.  It will pass....
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Options

Oh honey...I know how you feel.  I have definitely had my days like that.  There have been a couple of times when I have had to lay DD in her crib and walk away for 5 minutes to keep my cool.  It sucks but it is necessary. 

Don't beat yourself up about it.  You are a great mom!

• Options
    First of all you are not a horrible mom!  Second of all, you did the right thing!  You are human and only one person!!  Leaving the room, house, etc. is the best thing you could do for yourself and your baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"