Secondary IF

Success after Secondary IF? Please share.

Ladies please share with us your stories. If you have been able to concieve after having secondary IF.

Please also let us know if you had trouble concieving the first time around or only with the second or third. Also how long did you TTC and what worked for you.

Thanks!

Re: Success after Secondary IF? Please share.

• I haven't had success yet, but I'm hoping other people post their stories, b/c I love to read them.

• I had IF issues with #1 and #2 but we concieved fairly easily once we saw an RE.  I have PCOS... was 34 when i delivered DS and will be 36 with the twins.

what worked for us was clomid 100mg, metformin, IUI + trigger... first cycle did the trick with DS and it took 2 cycles for this pregnancy. (go figure, TTC#2, 2 cycles, 2 babies!).

my full TTTC story is at the end of my bio for #1.

best of luck to everyone! hope to see you on SAIF soon!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I'll share! I had no problem getting pregnant with my daughter, Lilly. So when my husband and I were ready to try again, we thought it would be a no-brainer. Well, it wasn't and it was confusing and frustrating. How could we have a super easy time the first time and absolutely no luck the second time? It was strange and I will probably never know why. Anyway, we tried on our own for a year..probably after 6 months of ovulation pred. kits and no success I began reallllly paying attention...taking temps, watching for every sign of ovulation, etc. Then a year went by in a flash and that's when I called my ob/gyn. They did the usual tests on me and my husband and called us "normal". My ob actually said to me "All looks good, now go get pregnant!". I'll never forget that quote b/c I felt a renewed sense of hope. He put me on clomid to help. Well, I took clomid, did the usual temping and ov. kits for 4 months with no success. So after that we tried for a couple more months on our own...again nothing. I was reluctant to call the RE b/c I just kept thinking that I got pregnant successfully on my own before, I can do it again..just keep trying. But since I was 36, I felt my time was running out. So after 3 more months of trying on our own again I called the RE and went in. They put me on gonal-f and ovidrel with IUI. My first attempt was unsuccessful. My second round, the RE did the same doses b/c my ovaries were responding fine to the gonal-f...I just wasn't getting pregnant. So the second round I started the gonal-f on the second day of my cycle (instead of the normal 3rd day) b/c of a vacation I had planned w/friends. I was able to fit in my ultrasounds changing my start date to day 2. I don't know if that helped or what but I ended up producing 12 follies. My RE said we would have to cancel the cycle or see if my insurance would allow me to convert it to an IVF cycle. I got really lucky and was able to convert it to IVF. They were able to get 24 eggs from my ovaries on ER day. I was overjoyed. They transferred 2 8-cells on a 3dt. Seven days later I was shocked to receive a beta back of 477. It turns out I was pregnant with twins. My husband and I were shocked and incredibly relieved and feeling blessed. I feel so lucky everyday b/c I feel if I didn't contact the RE I may have never gotten pregnant again. My hopes and prayers go out to all of you. Keep the faith and keep trying! Baby Dust To All!!!
  • I'll share.  We had trouble conceiving our first time around.  We tried on our own for 6 months, and then we were referred to an RE after a bad S/A for DH.  RE repeated DH's S/A and it was fine, but found out that I have endo after a lap.  The RE said there wasn't much and not where he thought it would effect fertility.  I guess it must have, but after IVF #1 we got pg with my son!  Well, once he was 6 months old, we started TTC#2.  We knew it was kinda soon to start trying, but I am not getting any younger and we knew it would take time.  Well, after over 9 months of ttc on our own, we went back to the RE for a FET.  We had 2 left over embies from IVF#1.  Unfortunately, the cycle failed.  We were planning on starting a fresh IVF once I got AF and SURPRISE I was pg.  Never in a million years did I think it would happen naturally.  Even the RE said if we wanted another child our only option would be IVF.  I guess we got our miracle BFP!
    Baby #1: 19 cycles, failed IUI, and 1 + IVF 3-5-07
    Baby #2: 12 cycles, 1 failed FET, natural miracle but m/c at 9 weeks then another natural miracle that stuck! 9-30-09

TTC #3 - 4 cycles - no BFP yet!
  • I will share...

I have one ovary due to a tumor when I was 16, all my life I was told they would allow me to try on my own for 6 months, then we would turn to treatment, I am on meds for keeping my only ovary healthy, medication in which I can not take while TTCing or pregnancy (pregnancy keeps my condition at bay - go figure)

Well during TTC#1 we tried for 3 months, winging it, then turned to charting and OPKS, I had am appt with the RE for testing to see what route we wold go on when I go my BFP 1 weeks before the appt.RELIEF

To TTC #2 we tried on our own again for 6 (long) cycles with charting and OPKS and nothing, then I go a huge cysts on my ovary, which made my DR freak (my cysts turn to tumors) so she sent me to the RE, we did 4 round of clomid with HCG injections (trigger and boosters) nothing.  Dh had a SA which was perfect, I had a HSG done which showed my only tube to be kinked, RE thought it would be alright, and gave me three more cycles before turning to IVF (which we had no coverage for).  The cycle I got pregnant, we did a different protocol, I did follistim, HCG trigger and two boosters with progestrone, my progestrone and E2 levels were always low, which was the problem, b/c my ovary was not doing it's job to keep the hormone level normal.  Indication my ovary was giving up.  WE got our BFP and were so excited and nervous.  four days after I found out, my sister m/c which did not help my nervousiness.

There is hope, 2nd IF was the hardest thing I ever endured I felt like a huge failure and so out of control.  I cried everyday while in treatment, so everyday for over 6 1/2 months.  It sucks, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

My RE nurse always told me that since we did have a healthy pregnancy the first time our chances of having another were high, which kept me going.

GL everyone.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"