Breastfeeding

Rotating Breasts and order?

So, I am a complete newbie at the b/f and trying to get a hang of this. They give you SO much info at the hospital, I come home and I am  a bit overwhelmed trying to figure this all out. When I start I consider the 1st breast dinner - then the next dessert. (hospital taught me that one. :-) )

So then when I am done feeding, the breast I end with is the breast I start with for the next feeding.....   Is that right??

Re: Rotating Breasts and order?

• that is a good way to do it.

in time you will feel which breast needs to be emptied. you can wear a hair tie on the wrist that you need to feed on next to help you remember

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I don't switch at feedings.  But if you do offer both breasts - feed the breast you ended with last, first.
  • Loading the player...
  • That's what I would do, otherwise you could end up lopsided.  It's true.  I know someone. Stick out tongue
  • You got it.  That's a cute way to think of it.

Don't be suprised if after a while DC only wants one side per meal (no dessert.)  My DD has gone thru phases.

• imageStacyc625:

that is a good way to do it.

in time you will feel which breast needs to be emptied. you can wear a hair tie on the wrist that you need to feed on next to help you remember

Love the hair tie idea!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"