Infertility
Options

*kimarino13*

I saw you developed moderate OHSS.  How did you know?  What made you get it checked out?  Thanks.

Re: *kimarino13*

• Options

Well, I actually didn't know it until I had my WTF appointment after I miscarried.

I started feeling like crap after about 5 days of stims. I was super, super, super bloated, but I thought that was normal.  Then, right after ER, it felt like I had done a million situps and it felt like someone cut through my abdominal muscles.  I couldn't stand up straight and had to walk around totally hunched over!  I was totally miserable!  I called the RE's office and they told me that was normal, and because I had 31 eggs retrieved, they did a lot of "poking and prodding."  I started getting relief about 4 days after ER, but didn't feel "normal" again for weeks.

At the WTF appointment, the first thing the RE asked me was how I felt during the cycle.  I told him what I just wrote up there, and he said that I had a moderate case of OHSS.  He said that if he would have triggered me with Ovidrel instead of Lupron, I would have had to be hospitalized with a drain to drain fluid from my abdomen.  Yikes.  The nurse even made a comment a week ago that my estrogen was "through the roof" last cycle.  After 7 days, it was 4,400 and this cycle after 7 days, it was 900.  What a difference.  I feel SO MUCH better this cycle, too.

So I never really got it checked out.  I did drink lots of Gatorade because I knew in my head something wasn't right, even though the RE's office didn't seem concerned at the time.  Only after the fact did they admit that I had it.  Weird.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Uggh that's scary :(  My E2 was also through the roof and even after 3 days of coasting it was still 4200.  I don't want to know what it was before that. The nurse reassured me that the reason I was coasting was TO avoid OHSS.  I know I was under 4200 at trigger, but I didn't ask because I didn't want to freak myself out.  Now I'm cautiously over-paying-attention to every single thing I feel :(  Thanks for the info and glad you're feeling better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, just keep a look out for the warning signs.  I never had shortness of breath or any of that, so I didn't think I needed to go to the ER. 

I am glad they coasted you.  It sounds like they were being careful, which is good.  It won't hurt to drink some Gatorade and take it easy, though.

Good luck to you!  :)

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"