Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Re: Christmas Tree: Real or Artificial?

**Excuse the redundancy if this has been asked already...I'm off work now...less time to nest, hehe.

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Re: Christmas Tree: Real or Artificial?

• Options
    not only is our tree real, but it's "wild."  we get a permit to go to the forests in arizona to cut down our own and it's awesome!
  • Options

image*speedracer*:
    not only is our tree real, but it's "wild."  we get a permit to go to the forests in arizona to cut down our own and it's awesome!

Ditto, except we're in Wyoming.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Does anyone get live trees? When I lived in AZ we'd buy a tree that had all of its roots, then plant it after Christmas. We'd buy it just a week before Christmas. After quite a few years we had a whole line of privacy trees along the back fence. We lived in southern az so there were mild winters and the summers were not as bad as Tucson or Phoenix. I was thinking of trying to do it this year, but since I live in MN and the ground is frozen I doubt I'd be able to find any place that sells trees like this.
  • Options

Where does one go to get a permit to cut down a tree in the forest? We're in Colorado.

This is my AE.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Artificial, unfortunately.  We will be making two OOT trips between now and Christmas and just cannot provide the care a real tree that it needs this year.  I am borrowing one my grandma no longer uses to I feel .0530 % better about it. :(
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageDobie_Mama:
    Artificial, unfortunately.  We will be making two OOT trips between now and Christmas and just cannot provide the care a real tree that it needs this year.  I am borrowing one my grandma no longer uses to I feel .0530 % better about it. :(

Oh, and the tree in my siggy is NOT our actual family Christmas tree ... just in case anyone is picturing my living room with a giant, pink tree.  The pink is a Sabine sized tree. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

nigella - try looking at your state's national forest website

https://www.coloradoforestproducts.org/xmas/index.htm

• Options
    imageNige!!a:

Where does one go to get a permit to cut down a tree in the forest? We're in Colorado.

We get ours from the Forest Service.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"