Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

etiquette ?--do i need to send thank yous?

I've gotten several beautiful flower deliveries. ?Am I supposed to send a thank you for them? ?I feel bad b/c I can't even pick up the phone to say thank you yet b/c I absolutely do not want to talk about this or hear the pity in their voices. ?It just makes me start crying all over.

Re: etiquette ?--do i need to send thank yous?

• I don't know what the proper etiquette is, but I just sent text messages.. They are my family anyway.. I don't think they expect notes.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • That's a good idea. ?thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • I also sent text messages
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No, I don't think so.  An email, call, text, or DH doing that for you is good enough.  No one would expect you do do that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i sent short thank you emails a couple weeks later...i think they'll understand if you wait a little while.
  • I don't think you need to respond.  I remember asking that when my mom died and we got lots of flowers, donations in her name, etc., is that people assume you are busy and grieving and you don't have to do anything.

For my m/c, I just thanked friends over e-mail or even FB.  Most people didn't know I was even preg, but the ones who did and sent me stuff, I just put a "thank you, you made my day" on their page.

• Personally, I would. I've written a thank you note to everyone who has donated to the playgroung we're having built in honor of Isaac. I just like letting people know how much we appreciate it. I certainly understand not wanting to pick up the phone, which is why I think sending a thank you card is a good way to go...
  • I'm so sorry. I'm glad that people in your life are looking out for you and sending you flowers. I am big on the thank you notes, but it took me about 3 weeks to send them out after my m/c. I think people will understand one way or the other.... whatever you can manage. ((hugs))
  • I think I wrote thank yous, but had them hand delivered. My mom's work, SIL's work, MIL's work, Dad's work, etc. all sent flowers and I think I sent thank yous through them. I didn't mail any. I can't even remember when I did it, but I vaguely remember handing the family members thank you cards to have them make sure they got to the right place.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I sent thank you notes - I was just laying down for a couple of days after my D&C so I figured it was a good time. I was so appreciative of the flowers and support people gave I felt like a Thank You note was appropriate in my case. I don't think anyone would expect it, though. I did email/IM my co-worker to thank her for the company sending me flowers - I knew she was responsible for it. For family/friends who sent flowers and for friends who visited, I sent thank you notes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"