Cruel things doctors do — The Bump
North Carolina Babies

Cruel things doctors do

I went to the cardiologist my OB referred me to on Monday about my heart palpitations. He listened and said it all sounded fine, but since I would be going through labor he wanted me to have an echocardiogram just to be sure everything was as he thought.  He told me he would let me know if anything was wrong after looking at the test results, otherwise he would just see me if they became too annoying for me to tolerate.  So, I am just expecting a postcard or something in the mail telling me all was fine.

Well, Wednesday I left my cell at home and they called me and left a voice mail for me to call back so that they could talk to me about my test results on Monday!  Seriously? Why would they do that to someone over a long holiday weekend?  I was fine with it Thursday and most of yesterday, but last night my mind got to wondering and now I am imaginging the worst.  I have said many prayers over this weekend that it is really ok and they are just calling to let me know it is fine, but I am still scared  :(

My sweet boy :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cruel things doctors do

• Wow, that is cruel.  Why not just wait and call you Monday morning?  I'm sorry! :(

If it helps any...I had to go see a cardiologist when I was pregnant with jeremiah for the same reason.  They did an echo and then made me wear a heart monitor for 30 days.  It showed some irregular results, but they didn't do anything to treat it while pregnant, and to follow up with them after the baby was born to see if its still an issue or if its just pregnancy related (which apparently is common).  The cardiologist told me that they typically only treat pregnant women if its a desperate situation, because any drug they would use would affect the baby.  So, maybe they're just calling to tell you that they saw something, but it isn't enough to worry about and want to follow up with you after pregnancy.

Good luck!

• Thanks mrsjones!  I still hope it is absolutely nothing at all, but if it has to be something I hope it is something like that.
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • typing 1 hand but.....

general practice to leave a msg with no deets. they prob wanted to clear off their desk before holiday and get calls done. most all MDs won't leave deets per hipaa pt confidentiality. called hoping u were home i'm sure. news is probably fine but i can completely understand your fears!!!! i'd be the same. wanted u to know that's their standard process even for normal results.

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards