Babies: 0 - 3 Months

cradle cap...

Does anyone know a good treatment for cradle cap? DD had baby acne and now that it cleared up, her little head is extremely dry and flaky. I brush her hair to stimulate her scalp and help remove some of the flakes, but is there something I can put on it.

baby oil? lotion? aquaphor? TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: cradle cap...

• My peidtrician suggested Head & Shoulders.  He said to rub it in gently with a soft toothbrush.  Watch the eyes though--it will burn.

I also had success with squirting baby oil on his head and rubbing quickly with a wash cloth, then washing the hair.

• massaging oil on the scalp works, that is what my pedi recommended

• Loading the player...
  • Put baby oil on her scalp, comb out the flakes, and wash.  Worked great for us!
  • Gentle Naturals has a cradle cap care that worked well for DS.  We used it twice and it cleared up.  We also make sure to wash his head with Cetaphil instead of soap.
  • My mom swears by two nights of slathering their head in vaseline and then washing out the next morning.  My friend took the advice and it worked like a charm.  Worth a try I guess.
  • we use a tiny bit of selsun blue and rub it in small circles with a soft toothbrush. be really careful though not to get in in their eyes b/c its not gentle to the eyes like normal baby shampoo.

then i slather his head in aquaphor. it does the trick. his cradle cap was TERRIBLE before we started that treatment.?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We used J&J baby oil and then massaged his scalp w/ his hairbrush.  It went away within a few days.
  • The Mustela shampoo took care of DS's cradle cap almost immediately. I would kind of scrub it in with the baby soft-bristled brush.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"