Babies: 0 - 3 Months

NBR Did you take people with you on your honeymoon

Did anyone invite others to go with them on their honeymoon.  My sister is getting married this year and I asked her about her honeymoon she said that she is going on a cruise and they are going to invite their friends and family to go with them.    I personally don't think this is a good idea for your honeymoon.   I think the honeymoon should be you and your husband only .  Anyone do this and have a good time?   Maybe I'm wrong?

Re: NBR Did you take people with you on your honeymoon

• DH and I went alone, but my sister and her fiance are getting married in October and asked DH and I to come with them for part of their honeymoon.  They said that they want the first few days to be alone, but said they will probably be bored after that ans enjoy company.  I told her I wasn't sure because I would feel bad just crashing the time they get to just be completely alone.  I think it would be fun to go, but I would almost feel wierd!

• No Way! My husband and I barely even talked to other people on our honeymoon...it was all about being ALONE together! I've actually never heard of people inviting others...very strange to me!
  • Loading the player...
  • No. ?That's odd.
  • My BFF got married on a cruise. There was like 75 people that went too. After the cruise the couple stayed in Florida for another week or so by themselves.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We didn't and would not however I do know 2 different couples that have had other people on theirs (one was a 2nd marriage).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • No...our honeymoon was for us. Spending time with loved ones was done at the wedding and after we returned from the honeymoon. But to each their own.
    Big Sister ~ November 24, 2008 * Little Sister ~ March 23, 2011
  • We went alone, but my cousin whom I never see lived about 2 hours from where we honeymooned (vail, co), so we invited him to come spend one night with us.

My friend and her DH went on a cruise and had some friends and family go also. I think it's just personal preference.

• I had a destination wedding in Jamaica, which was wedding/honymoon in one.  Most of the guests left within a day or 2 of the wedding, but some stayed a few days longer.  We had 2 days of alone time and it was weird to not be around our friends and family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"