3rd Trimester
Options

OB is on vacation the week before my due date.

I scheduled all my remaining appointments today, and heard for the first time that he is on vacation April 6-10. My due date is April 12. I know it's luck of the draw to some degree, since there are 5 doctors in the practice, but perhaps he should have told me this earlier? I still have to meet 2 of the other doctors, but wasn't a huge fan of the other 2.

Oh well - COME EARLIER THAN APRIL 6, BABY!

Re: OB is on vacation the week before my due date.

• Options
    once in labor I really don't think you will be too concerned with who's head is down there.  I would never expect my doctor to tell me of their vacation plans...a patient is bound to be giving birth at any time.  All will be fine.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I found out that mine is on Spring Break with her kids the week I'm due.  she asked if I wanted to schedule an induction but I said "hells to the no".  I'd love to have her deliver me, but baby Helmet will come when she's ready.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    that's hard, I hope I get my doctor when I deliver.  2 of the other ones are OK but I know for sure that there are 2 I don't want.  They don't work in the same office but they are the partner office for nights and weekends.  DD I had a doctor that I had never met before, but it turned out fine.
  • Options
    ah i posted about this last night, my OB is on vacay for 2 weeks before my due date.  i read that it's mainly the nurses who are in there with you and the Dr. basically just catches.  made me feel better. 
  • Options

Chances are, you might not have gotten your doctor anyway.

I think the nurses are more important than the doctor in terms of your comfort during labor, and they are definitely a luck of the draw.

• Options

imageMsHan:
    once in labor I really don't think you will be too concerned with who's head is down there.  I would never expect my doctor to tell me of their vacation plans...a patient is bound to be giving birth at any time.  All will be fine.

I'm pretty laid back about doctors and not freaked out about labor, but one of the doctors is a space cadet who doesn't listen and the other one, who I met for the first time today, was rather snippy. I started with this practice when I found out I was pregnant, because my previous OB-GYN (who delivered my sister) is not part of my insurance plan. I just think it's kind of silly to have a specific doctor (and the office made me choose one) if s/he won't be around for the delivery!

• Options

Well, 1st time moms are statistically more likely to go to 41 weeks, so probably your doctor will be back before baby comes.

I would be concerned that the other doctors might have higher episiotomy/c-section rates... you may want to have them each sign off on your birth plan ahead of time so they know your preferences?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"