Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Convertible Car Seat ? 2000 Jeep Cherokee

Does anyone drive a 2000 Jeep Cherokee? What kind of convertible car seat did you get? We purchased one and it won?t fit! If you try to put it in rear facing on the side you can?t buckle it all the way, if you put it in the middle you can?t get another car seat on the side?so we have a problem since our 2nd is due in June! Obviously the Cherokee is a bit smaller in the backseat than most vehicles (I?m guessing). I thought I would check with you ladies first before we returned it and bought another one and went through the same thing. Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Convertible Car Seat ? 2000 Jeep Cherokee

• My old boss has a Cherokee, and they were able to use a Britax Roundabout without any issues.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Oh no, now you have me worried, DH has a 2002, and I have an '04.  We have the seats, but haven't installed them yet.  What seat do you have?? I can't even remember the name of mine, I am so bad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I understand your dilemma! 

We do not have a 2000 Cherokee....but we do have a Mitsubishi Endeavor which I think is similar sized......and a new 4-dr Jeep wrangler.

I have a Britax Marathon in the Endeavor and it does not fit well in the rear-facing position.  Same with the Roundabout in the Jeep.  In both cases the passenger has to be sitting very far forward with knees practically hitting the dash.

Can you go somewhere that lets you try the seats before you buy them?  BRU usually lets you take the seat out to your car.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have a 2006 Grand Cherokee and its very small in back.  The only one we found that would fit rear facing was the Evenflo Triumph-in the middle.  I installed a infant car seat base next to it to make sure 2 would fit next to each other...it is very tight, but will work-we are planning on trying again soon.  It fits fine forward facing behind seats so when I need two in there it should be fine.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers Beta #1 9/23= 81 on 10dpo 1st u/s 10/1/09=too early 2nd u/s scheduled for 10/14/09=3 heartbeats...OMG 2 BOYS & a GIRL!!!! Triplets born 33w,4 d due to PRE-E 4 pounds, 5 oz. each Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee and have a Britax Marathon which fits rear facing with no problem and it is in the middle.
  • We have a 2006, but the back seat is the same size as yours.  We have  Marathon in the middle and it works great.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The 2000 has a really really small backseat, the 02 & 04 hopefully is bigger. We tried the Evenflo Triumph with no such luck. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"