Illinois Babies

Where did you register?

What do you recommend are the top places to register for baby stuff in the Chicagoland area?  We live in the city but have lots of family in the suburbs.

Thanks!

Re: Where did you register?

• We just did Babies R Us and Target... you can get pretty much everything you need there! Plus they are everywhere so your family and friends can easily shop for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did babies R us and right start (they are nation wide and have some higher end baby stuff)
  • Loading the player...
  • Same as the PP-  Babies R' US and Target.  Both places have everything you need and want-- IMO.  Nothing "high end" though...Chicago has a TON of high end boutiques though if that is what you are looking for!

HTH!

• We spent 6 hours at Babies R Us on Saturday.  I think it was pretty obvious that we're 1st time parents.  We plan to register at Target as well b/c they're both easy for people to shop at either online or in store but BRU seemed to have everything we would need.  My advice: bring a friend who has kids! That way they can answer all the questions that you come up with while you're shopping. Or get an associate to walk around with you and explain the features of things and how things work.  They were very busy all day on Saturday too, so if you can do it during the week that may be a calmer time. 
  • We registered at BRU and Buy Buy Baby.  A lot of the stuff is the same at both, but they did have a few additional things at Buy Buy Baby that they didn't at BRU...mainly our bedding.
  • We registered at BRU and Buy Buy Baby. We did both since Buy Buy Baby is only out in burbs right now. Same prices as BRU, but you can use Bed Bath & Beyond coupons for 20% most brands.
  • Babies R Us is our main registry for the basics.  Based upon Baby Bargains, we registered for our furniture at JCPenney.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"