Baby Showers

Has anyone done "Bottle Invites" ??

I think this is a good idea. I may run into a problem with the postage cost....

Just wondering how they turned out if you did them? Similar to message in a bottle

thanks

Re: Has anyone done "Bottle Invites" ??

• I think that's a cute idea.

To avoid the high cost of postage, maybe for those people in the area, you just go to their home yourself and but it in their mailbox...so it's still like they are getting "mail".

Not sure if that would be proper etiquette or not, but I don't think it would be a big deal.
    TTC #1 for one year with annovulation....
    Clomid Cycle #1: 50mg = BFP
    =Beautiful baby girl born May 23, 2009
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    TTC#2: BFP Cycle #1, no fertility meds!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I did a message in the bottle for my wedding. The post office loves it. Its a little more pricey but not bad. Make sure it is plastic, not glass.
  • Loading the player...
  • GOod idea!  I'll do that for my shower invites.  That's totally cute!!
  • imageHopingForOne:

To avoid the high cost of postage, maybe for those people in the area, you just go to their home yourself and but it in their mailbox...so it's still like they are getting "mail".

That's illegal.?

You can hand deliver them, but you can't put them in the mailbox.?

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerebus82:

imageHopingForOne:

That's illegal. 

You can hand deliver them, but you can't put them in the mailbox. 

Really?!  I never knew that!  Don't people leave stuff for their neighbors or relatives all the time?

• I'll stick stuff in the mailbox of close neighbors that I know well, but yes it's illegal.

image Alcoholism is not determined by how much you drink or how often, but by negative consequences in your life that do not alter your drinking habits.
  • I totally love the idea!! Very cute. Just curious, what theme would go with??
  • My mom did them for my sister's shower and they turned out so cute! She just made her own invites and then bought cheap plastic bottles with blue lids and stuffed the invite inside with that shredded paper. She mailed mine from MO to KY and it got there safe and sound. It was so neat!
  • Why on earth is that illegal?  I've never heard that.

But I live in Canada...is the law different here?  That seems silly...
    TTC #1 for one year with annovulation....
    Clomid Cycle #1: 50mg = BFP
    =Beautiful baby girl born May 23, 2009
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    TTC#2: BFP Cycle #1, no fertility meds!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I used to work at the post office so I actually know this.  Its illegal because a mailbox in the US is technically government owned and only government materials (mail in this case) can be in them.  You can hang things from the flag part, but that's it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It costs about $2.00 to send them...if you don't fill them with sand or other heavy stuff Smile

Some cute ideas to go along with the baby bottle theme are:

• Use Baby Bottles For Vases: Tie ribbon around the rim and fill them with flowers
    • Use Receiving Blankets for Tablecloths - spread them all around for the cutest effect!
    • For cute and simple Tea-Lite Holders - fill empty baby food jars with pink or blue jelly bellies and place a tea-lite on top
    • or fill baby bottles with jelly bellies, tie a cute favor tag on top and hand out as favors

• Thanks ladies...

Will I mail the actual bottle?? I was planning on buying the bubble mailer envelopes and putting the bottles in them to mail. I saw some colored ones at Office Depot.

* I had no theme in mind. I was just going to do the colors of the room. (purple, lavendar, and gray)

I love this idea...

• imageacordray1:

It costs about $2.00 to send them...if you don't fill them with sand or other heavy stuff Smile

Some cute ideas to go along with the baby bottle theme are:

• Use Baby Bottles For Vases: Tie ribbon around the rim and fill them with flowers
    • Use Receiving Blankets for Tablecloths - spread them all around for the cutest effect!
    • For cute and simple Tea-Lite Holders - fill empty baby food jars with pink or blue jelly bellies and place a tea-lite on top
    • or fill baby bottles with jelly bellies, tie a cute favor tag on top and hand out as favors

Do you have pictures of the bottles that you sent? I was wondering what to put in them. I thought of shredded plastic colored paper of some sort along with the invite. A ribbon around the top with a tag that say "You are Invited". Will that look plan? What are you thoughts? Did you decorate the outside of the bottle?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"