3rd Trimester

does labor start out really painfully slowly somtimes?

because i have been having contractions since 2pm with no regularity excpet they are like 8ish sometimes 5ish minutes apart lasting a minute a piece.  i dont want to go in and get sent home. i  drank tons of water walked changed positions.  they don't go away.  yet they don't progress.  wdyt?

Re: does labor start out really painfully slowly somtimes?

• I don't see why it can't.  People can be in early labor for days, so irregular contractions don't seem impossible.  Are they painful or do they just feel like BHs? 
  • they are painful, my lower back really hurts and tightens with each conrax, like really horrible twingy period cramps times a hundred.  if that gives you an idea ;)  the kind of come on in waves unlike the other contrax i was having. and there is a lot of pressure down there...
  • Loading the player...
  • I would probably put a page out for the on-call dr at your practice, or call L&D. It sounds like you are in the early stages of labor! It might make you feel better if they can give you a better idea of whats going on. Good luck!
  • I've never been in labor but it sounds like labor to me.  Did the docs tell you when to call?  I'd say give it a shot and call them-all they can do is tell you to go to L&D or give you advice on when to call back of it continues.
  • yep i just talked to her.  she said take a shower, walk some more, drink water- i have an appt at 8:30 anyway, so i might just be admitted then if my contrax aren't 5 min apart consistently for an hour before then.
  • Good luck!  I hope this is finally it for you.
  • imageJimsBride08:
    Good luck!  I hope this is finally it for you.

me too!!!! *pumping fist in the air* woop woop!

if not, i'll at least have the end in sight on monday when i get induced. blech.

• When I was having them with DD, they weren't that bad.  Then when I was 3 minutes apart, I took a hot shower and they subsided.  But the pain the the groin is painful when they start full force. . .  you'll know.

• It's about time!  I hope this is the real thing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• I'm convinced that I've been in early labor for days.  I got loads of contractions, some really painfull but never close enough to go in.  I woke up to a really good contraction about 11:50 and haven't been able to get back to sleep since then.  Good luck!
  • o0o0o0o i hope this is it for you! yay
  • Sounds like labor to me. Especially since they're hurting your back and feel like awful menstrual cramps. Take a bath and see what happens. Walk around a lot and see what happens..Good luck!
  • Try taking a warm bath, that sped my contractions up when they were going back and forth between 7-8 minutes apart and 5-6 minutes apart. I took a bath around 6pm, left for the hospital around 7:15 and had DD at 8:20pm.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not "painful" early-on, but slow, yes it can. I had BH contractions for weeks and weeks leading up to both deliveries.  (I was finally induced with DS at 40w 4d), but with DD at 39 weeks Dh and I BD' at 8pm, at 8:30pm my lower back was hurting a little so I took a bath. When I got out of the tub I noticed that the lower back pain would come and go--then along with it my belly would tighten.  I started timing it and it was first 7 minutes apart, and then 45 minutes later 5 minutes apart and becoming more uncomfortable (although not painful yet). We headed to the hospital, and by the time we got there I knew I was in labor as it was becoming painful... I had my daughter 10 hours later.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wait it out a little longer and see if they intensify even more.  Try a hot shower or bath.  That usually stalls them for me.

If you call right now, they are just going to send you in (which could be a good thing, because they might just keep you there).

• I would go walk around for 30 minutes if you can. That will help it progress a little. If it getting more intense, call the doc. You are so close!
  • imagekristinhart511:
    they are painful, my lower back really hurts and tightens with each conrax, like really horrible twingy period cramps times a hundred.  if that gives you an idea ;)  the kind of come on in waves unlike the other contrax i was having. and there is a lot of pressure down there...

I dont know if i will ever know when i am in labor - i have BH all the time and they are HORRIBLE and my lower back hurts with them.  I think i will just wait for my water to break because sometimes they are like really close together.

• You could definitely be in early labor - and unfortunately, sometimes women are in early labor like that for 24+ hours.  Try doing some walking to see if you can get things going anymore.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My contractions were never regular, but I was in so much pain from the contractions I couldn't take it so I went to the ER in the middle of the night and I was almost 5cm and they admitted me. But they would be 20 mins. apart one time and then go down to 5-7 min, and then back to 12 min, etc.
  • I would probably just go and have it checked out at the hospital.  You're at least in the right place then in cade you deliver.  lol  GOOD LUCK!
  • You can be in labor for weeks before you are due... and sometimes they need to stop the contractions if baby is  coming too soon. So if they are that painful and coming semi regular I would defiantly get checked. I was having them every 2 hours for 10 min apart and they brought  me in I was there for 30 mins and they started every 3-4 mins I was glad I was there so that they could stop them with medication as i was only 31 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"