3rd Trimester

30 wks, baby is breech

i hope she turns!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 30 wks, baby is breech

• Plenty of time.  My baby flips around all the time.
  • I don't think the baby is even considered breech at 30 weeks.  Not sure on that but there is plenty of time.
  • Loading the player...
  • they flip constantly. i wouldnt worry at 30 weeks. baby still has plenty of room to turn around. now, 37 weeks and breech, you have a problem.
  • you have plenty of time...baby is still pretty mobile...my baby didn't go head down until week 37.
  • My baby is locked into position and they told me that there was a slim chance of her turning at this point. Hope your baby turns!
  • Mine flipped about 3 times between 29-33 weeks.
  • mine flipped a few times then went head down at 33 weeks and has stayed head down
  • my baby has been head down since about 23-24 wks and she hasn't budged since! i'm sure though that you still have plenty of time for baby to move before it's too late :)
  • Yeah I know there is time, my last appt at 28 weeks though she was in breech, that is why I asked this time and she still is. They said there is time, but they would like to see her move by 34 weeks, I am keeping my fingers crossed! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine was too.  He turned at 34 weeks.
  • Mine was still breech at 30 weeks. He flipped to head down around 33 weeks. Your baby has plenty of time to flip!
  • DD#2 has been transverse for a long time now. I asked at my last appointment when it becomes an issue and they said 36 weeks is when they start to "worry" about it. I got a little info on an inversion....sounds like it could be painful, but maybe worth it to avoid a c/s!
  • Some good things you can be doing right now to encourage baby to position well for birth-

- Sit on an excercise ball instead of slouching back on the couch or desk chair.  It helps you to sit well to encourage baby to be more comfortable head down.

- Find a good chiropractor in your area certified in the Webster Technique, and schedule regular visits leading up to birth.  The Webster Technique is supposed to be very effective at gently removing any misalignment that may be making bottom down more comfortable for baby.

I agree that this is too early to be worried about it, but it isn't to early to be aware of things you can do in a few weeks if baby looks like they're settling down.  There are a LOT of gentle things, like the ball or the chiro, that you can do before it is time to panic and have an External Version. 

With my last baby, I spent time on my hands and knees and I spent time on a slant board.  I also found a doctor who was willing to deliver a breech baby, so I wouldn't have to have a c-section. 

A great book that looks at the risks of breech birth versus c-section is Henci Goer's "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth."  Love it!  Breech or not, I highly recommend that book.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"