Babies: 0 - 3 Months

For those that had a c-section

How long were you in pain afterward?

Re: For those that had a c-section

• It was about 4 days.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was in a lot of pain for the first 2 weeks. Then the pain pretty much went away overnight. However, it has come back in the past couple of days and I'm not really sure why.
  • I've had 3 c-sections in 3 years. I wasn't in pain at all. A bit sore in the hospital, but no real pain. I have a VERY HIGH threshold for pain though. I've never taken pain meds for my c-sections in the hospital or at home.

It's normal to feel pain or discomfort after a c-section though. It's why they prescribe narcotics to you for 1 month afterward.?

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • BAD pain for about a week. Now not so bad- just when I move certain ways. And it only hurts on one side- weird! I've been getting around fine for about a week now!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I too have a HIGH threshhold for pain.  I never took any narcotics and was sore for a couple of days.  By the time I left the hospital on the third day I was fine.  I did take the anti-inflammatorys though.
  • I needed pain meds for the first 5 days postpartum.  After that I was ok as long as I didn't overdo it.  I was very tired though (but of course, anyone with a new baby is!)

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Maybe I'm not the norm, but I'm still somewhat uncomfortable.  Not in pain per se, but I am definitely not feeling 100%.  I'm no longer taking meds or anything though.
  • 2 weeks. By 2 weeks out I was up and moving around and we were able to move back upstairs to sleep. We were on the floor on the first level for the first few weeks because of my pain and stairs.
    Natural M/C:@5 wks 7/31/07 Natural M/C:@5 wks 12/27/09 Missed M/C, D&C:@9 wks 06/13/11
  • I didn't have a c-section but i did have my gallbladder taken out. when i had reaccuring pains they told me i would have them for a year. my dr. said that my skin was remembering being cut open. maybe that is what is happening to you.
  • In pain for about 4 or 5 days.  Uncomfortable until 10 days PP.  I still had a little discomfort on and off until 3 weeks PP.
  • I would take 1 or 2 percocet a day for about 7 days. And anti-inflammatorys for about 1 and 1/2 weeks.

• Pain for about 4-5 days. (the meds helped)

By 2 weeks I was just a bit sore.

I never had a problem w/ stairs or anything like that. I just got stuck in the couch a few times!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• WOW you all are lucky. This is my second c-section and it is worse than the first. It's been 3 weeks and I'm about 1/2 way better. It's all worth it though!!!!!
  • It was a good week and a half before my pain was managable with just tylenol. Overall pain wasn't gone until around 3 weeks.
  • I would say 1-2 weeks, where I would still take some type of perscription pain med.
  • I was in alot of pain for the first 2 days after my c/s.  By the 3rd day, I was in some pain, but I was able to walk up and down stairs with no help.  And, by the time I was out of the hospital, I no longer needed to take my pain meds.  Any pain I felt out of the hospital was mainly from the gas in my tummy and from getting up and out of the bed.  But, overall my c/s experience was good esp. since I was able to do alot of my usual stuff  within 4 days after my c/s.  **BTW - I have a very LOW threshold for pain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a very HIGH threshold for pain... and I have moderate to severe pain for about 4 weeks afterward. 

My doctor said that he thinks I pulled a muscle in my abdomen while I was recovering.  Either that, or I was doing too much too soon.

Either way, it varies with everyone.  Take things slow and try not to rush recovery.  Listen to what your body is telling you to do.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"