2nd Trimester

low fetal heartrate?

This baby's hr was been 130-135 lately (in the 140s about a week ago) with my home doppler.  I just remember my son's being so much higher.  Anyone else with a hr this low?  TIA;)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: low fetal heartrate?

• My Dr said they look for anything over 120
  • I went today to my OB and that was a question I had.  my heart rate monitor always shows up between 127-140 - which i thought was low...my doc said it was completely normal.  He said depending on the day and time it could go above 160 (high end) or maybe below 120 - but not to be alarmed.  The further along we get - the resting heart rate of the baby will begin to slow down a bit (except right before birth where it may spike b/c baby is stressed).  So - I would not be concerned but obviously I was since that was one of my questions - but I was reassured. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've always heard girls have a lower heart rate than boys. ?Don't know if it's true or not. ?I wouldn't worry! ?
  • imagetjosvoldbaby:
    I've always heard girls have a lower heart rate than boys.  Don't know if it's true or not.  I wouldn't worry!

I've always heard the opposite - a heartrate over 150 = girl, below 150= boy....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine is always in the 140's at lowest, but was was worried because of the differences between the babies heart rates at some u/s -- the dr and tech both said not to worry, that there are just times when babies are active/resting, and the heart rate shows that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"