2nd Trimester

Stollers!!! help!

Okay! I dont know what stroller to pick out! I want something affordable though! I need help! i had one in mind but my aunt said it only holds up to 20lbs which i didn't even see that it said that.  I am looking for like a travel system...stoller with a car seat! any suggestions on a good one?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Stollers!!! help!

• graco and chicco are great brands to start with.  they both have wonderful safety ratings.  there are many different ways to go - travel system, seat w/ snap N go, etc.  but either way i highly recommend a graco or chicco infant seat.  this is one place where safety and high safety ratings are very important, IMO. 
    DS - June 2009
    DD - February 2011
  • Here is the one we just got:

https://www.babyage.com/products/7u02gao3_graco_graco_stylus_travel_system.htm?cp=goog52027&utm_source=goog&utm_medium=Default&utm_campaign=52027

It's the Graco Stylus in Galileo.  I was looking at the Chicco but was having a hard time spending nearly $300.  I liked the Graco Metrolite in the store because I didn't want something too huge but it had these funny straps you used to lower the seat that I found annoying.  I found this one online & decided to order it.  We just got it & I put it together (very easy!) & I think I love it!  Obviously I haven't used it yet--it's just sitting in the living room, but I really like the colors, size, etc. 

HTH

• Loading the player...
  • We have the Chicco cortina system and love it. Worth every penny.
  • We're getting the bumbleride flyer, and it comes with an infant seat attachment.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • We chose the Mesa Travel System from Baby Trend with the Flex Loc car seat. 
  • I love love love the Maxi Cosi Foray stroller with the MC Mico car seat.  We used it with DS and were so happy with it.  I only wish they made a double stroller :(

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • imagejessNdean:
    Okay! I dont know what stroller to pick out! I want something affordable though! I need help! i had one in mind but my aunt said it only holds up to 20lbs which i didn't even see that it said that.  I am looking for like a travel system...stoller with a car seat! any suggestions on a good one?

You sure it wasn't the weight of the actual stroller itself?  I mean it could be that it only holds 20lbs, but I would double check.  Which one is it?

We're probably going with a Graco travel system.

• I don't know what to get either.  Price is not an issue for us, but there are so many freakin' choices!  Too much!  Don't get me started on infant car seats!
  • All of my mommy friends recommended the Chicco Cortina travel system, which got very high ratings in the Baby Bargins book as well.

I have a few that love the Graco Metrolite as well.

I think the key is to pick maybe 2 or 3 that you want to test drive based on your research, and then make your decision at the store after handling it. That way it is a lot less overwhelming.

I am probably going to go with the Chicco because the infant seat is up to 30 lbs, unlike the Metrolite's 22 lbs.

• I'm getting the Baby Jogger Mini City.  It's light and easy to push.  Then you can get any infant car seat from several companies that fit.  Oh, and you just need the car seat adapter for the stroller.  Not as cheap as the typical stroller sets you picture, but not nearly as pricy as those new ones you see in the magazines.  230 for the stroller, 60 for the adapter, plus the car seat.  Really nice stroller.  Check it out in the store.
  • I got the Micralite Fastfold on sale for 50% off from mamabargains.com

They are selling them today, but if you're not ready to buy today, I'm pretty sure you could contact them later and get your hands on one. 

good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • oops!  I read too fast and didn't see that you wanted one with a carseat.  This stroller doesn't have a carseat but you can buy a carseat adaptor from them (which I did so we can just snap the seat in and go).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are getting the Chicco Cortina travel system because dh thinks we need a travel system.  I also plan on getting the Quinny Buzz when she outgrows her infant seat. 

My suggestion would be to go to BRU and try out the strollers.  We pushed them around, folded them up, etc. to see how they worked and if we like them.  I also took the infant seat out to my car to make sure it fit.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"