Babies: 9 - 12 Months

POLL: again...What do you say when DC sneezes?

DS just sneezed about 6 times in a row (I think that's a record, poor baby). Every time I like to say "Bless you" in a different language, but I can only get so far after 4 LOL. But DH pretty much says "Bless you" or "God Bless you". Do you say anything or nothing at all?

Re: POLL: again...What do you say when DC sneezes?

• Bless you
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • God bless you
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • "Bless you!" after every sneeze.
  • I say Bless You!  And DS gives me a big smile.  Sometimes he beats me to saying it with his big smile!  He knows I give him attention when he smiles.
  • I say Bless You! In French or in English :) And sometimes God Bless You!

I don't know why, but it makes me sad to think someone might say nothing at all :( I know they may not get it at this point, but it's such a habit.. and just nice :)

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Bless you or God bless you
  • imagebim38106:

I say Bless You! In French or in English :) And sometimes God Bless You!

I don't know why, but it makes me sad to think someone might say nothing at all :( I know they may not get it at this point, but it's such a habit.. and just nice :)

I totally agree. I think it should be said out of courtesy but never know if it could offend anyone.

• bless my baby or bless you in one of 3 other languages
  • i say 'hafia' ...swahili version of bless you
  • imageSarahBukisi:
    i say 'hafia' ...swahili version of bless you

Yay! I can add one more to my vocabulary haha. How do you pronounce it? "Ha fee ah?"

• Either bless you or na zrdowie, which is Polish.  (Pronounced nah zd-row-vyeh)
  • imageolivia_eve:
    Either bless you or na zrdowie, which is Polish.  (Pronounced nah zd-row-vyeh)

too hard for me to pronounce LOL unless I actually heard it. I could try to say it and pretend that I did haha

• I say bless you.

But you could say Gazuntite (gah zoon tight) (gernman/yiddish)

Or Labrioot (lah brie oot) (Hebrew - although it is not Israeli's custom to say something EVERY time somebody sneezes)

• imagetrixR4kidz:

I say bless you.

But you could say Gazuntite (gah zoon tight) (gernman/yiddish)

Or Labrioot (lah brie oot) (Hebrew - although it is not Israeli's custom to say something EVERY time somebody sneezes)

yeah I know how to say it in German, probably only because of the What was it? Zyrtec? commercial a few years back?

• imageolivia_eve:

Ha, I just found a link- now you can say it in Polish!

https://www.omniglot.com/soundfiles/polish/cheers_pl.mp3

You're awesome! Thanks for the link LOL. I've only played it like 10 times and still cant seem to get it down.

• Usually Bless you or Bless you, sir!
  • what if you don't believe in God?  then what do you say?  both God and bless are religious.

anyway, I say bless you

• Either "bless you!" or I fake sneeze and say "bless you!" Fake sneezes/coughs/nose blowing/etc crack DD up, haha.
  • imageMrs.Saxy:

what if you don't believe in God?  then what do you say?  both God and bless are religious.

anyway, I say bless you

yeah that's what i said above, i'm never sure to say it to strangers bc i'm not sure if i would offend anybody. But to my DC, it's ok until they can make their own religious decisions (or choose their religion)

• I do the same thing, Bless you in German, French and English... My husband just says Bless you...
  • i don't say bless you, because i'm not religious. but a bunch of my co-workers thought that was weird and we spent a whole afternoon looking up alternatives. so now we all say things like "salve!" or "jupiter preserve you!"
  • I always say "bless you".  My mom always says "scat cat" to dd.  It's kind of weird, but that's what my grandma always said to us too.  And dd loves when she says it.
  • We always say "Bless your bones!" She loves it and will usually always fake sneeze again just so we'll say it. The current record is 13 fake sneezes in a row.
  • Bless you or God Bless you
  • For some reason-- my DD ALWAYS sneezes in threes.

And after i say god bless you (or bless you) after each one-

after the third one i say, 'must be the truth' My mom always taught us that if you sneezed 3x it must have been the truth.

honestly- i didn't know where it came from but i just looked it up

hahaha- look what snopes came back with--

https://www.snopes.com/science/stats/sneeze.asp

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageCaliflorida:
    i don't say bless you, because i'm not religious. but a bunch of my co-workers thought that was weird and we spent a whole afternoon looking up alternatives. so now we all say things like "salve!" or "jupiter preserve you!"

why jupiter? LOL jk i like your alternatives...i'm not sure if i could get caught saying "Jupiter preserve YOU!" in public after a stranger sneezes haha...

• imageStacyc625:

For some reason-- my DD ALWAYS sneezes in threes.

And after i say god bless you (or bless you) after each one-

after the third one i say, 'must be the truth' My mom always taught us that if you sneezed 3x it must have been the truth.

honestly- i didn't know where it came from but i just looked it up

hahaha- look what snopes came back with--

https://www.snopes.com/science/stats/sneeze.asp

a few sneezes feeling equivalent to a sexual climax or an actual O....wonder what THOSE sneezes sound like, or the aftermath....strange...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"