Babies: 9 - 12 Months

POLL: What were your cravings while pg?

I made brownies last night and almost finished the pan (after I set aside what I needed for other people). For some reason I had to eat the brownies with something sour, so I went for pickle juice on brownies. Gross. Didn't do the trick. I then saw some beef bullion and started eating the powder, not much but for some reason it was soothing my craving for something salty (totally gross I know, DH was like WTF are you eating). Then after that I wanted something sweet...so I made a PB and J which I have really been living off of the past days. Weird, I know. But everything else has made me feel nauseous. I never had weird cravings like this, or weird taste in foods with DD or DS. So this is very new to me. This was more of a confession than anything.....buhh

And this seems early to have "cravings" eh ohhh well....

Re: POLL: What were your cravings while pg?

• Chips, chips, chips.  I bet I ate chips each flipping day with ds.
  • I was really into eggo waffles and fruit roll ups.  As a matter of fact I still am loving the fruit roll ups, but I have no desire for another eggo waffle.  yuck!

Oh I forgot to metion the bowl of ice cream I ate every night :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • anything hot and spicy... DH would swear the baby was going to be mexican
  • With DS it was lemons and oranges and fountain soda. With DD it was something new everyday, and I hated having the same thing twice!  But still the fountain soda.
  • Ready bake chocolate chip cookies and french fries.  I still have the hips to prove it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i wanted ice cream so bad in the first trimester but we didnt have any where i lived, so that made me want it even more. aside from that i only wanted juicy fruits, yum. my mom said when she was pg with me she needed oranges, lots of oranges. she would eat so many oranges that she would have diarrea and she would still need more. funny what pg does to you,eh.
  • Anything dairy. Icecream, milk (I went through like 3 gallons a week), cheese ... I'm surprised I don't weigh 300lbs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• I crave things but not weird things together.  LIke I must have mac n cheese and chocolate milk. or pop tarts. or an egg with hashbrown and oj. Fish sticks with lemon and tator tots. coke (coca cola).

• Ben & Jerry's. Banana peppers. Subway. Rootbeer floats.

All through my first trimester I wanted Squirt and wild berry Skittles, spicy cheese dip, and sour gummy worms. 

I also had an obsession with Noodles & Company and lasagna throughout my entire pregnancy. 

• With my DD, it was Italian beef with LOTS of peppercinis.

With DS, it was grapefruit and chicken salad.

So far with this one, I just want to eat constantly. Everything.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I didn't necessarily crave the Eggos, but I had to have them several times a day to control the m/s.  Other than that; fruit, juice, cereal (all kinds) and hot dogs (no, I didn't let the nitrates stop me).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My main craving was McDonalds hamburgers.  I also ate a lot of pancakes.  For some reason I HAD to have pancakes in the mornings, and sometimes for lunch, and sometimes for supper! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Tater tots! My craving for them was insane and I really don't eat them normally. Some days I'd come home from work, make a plate of tater tots and melt cheese over the top before eating the whole plate. I can't believe I did that to myself, no wonder I gained too much. :)

Oh, and fresh fruit!

• Raw spinach and sweet tarts, though thankfully not together.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I craved pineapple and orange juice, which I never liked prior to being pregnant.  I also craved beef, which I hadn't eaten for 16 years before being pregnant!  I also went through a Mexican food phase...enchiladas, quesadillas, tacos, burritos.  My DH was psyched b/c he LOVES Mexican food and I usually don't want it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • french fries, Swedish pancakes, and jack n the box chicken strips  not all together! :-)
  • Pasta, Pizza, & taco bell.

Admittedly, not too different from things i enjoy the rest of the time.. but something with tomato sauce ALWAYS sounded good.

I also had peanut butter & cream cheese sandwiches for breakfast every day.  I had to make it and eat it when I got to work, and toast would be hard and cold by that time..

Rainbow baby due in September!
    .image
    May Siggy Challenge - Favorite Onscreen Mom
    image  image
  • some days i wanted powdered donuts and orange juice for breakfast.  i drank a TON of juice in general.  i feel like i spent so much of my pregnancy standing in front of the fridge, door open, drinking juicy juice straight out of the container.

and at work we have what we call "munchie thursdays" because it seemed like we were all always starving on thursdays at like 3.  my drug of choice on those days were reese cups!  mmmm...

• Fruit!  Esp. strawberries and pineapple...oh, and PB&J sandwiches, too!
  • imageSarahBukisi:
    i wanted ice cream so bad in the first trimester but we didnt have any where i lived, so that made me want it even more. aside from that i only wanted juicy fruits, yum. my mom said when she was pg with me she needed oranges, lots of oranges. she would eat so many oranges that she would have diarrea and she would still need more. funny what pg does to you,eh.

How did you not have ice cream where you are?

During my pregnancy I drank milk like it was going out of style.  DH had to rush to the store on several occasions for it. 

Strangely, I had a chicken AVERSION!  Pre- and post- pregnancy, chicken is a staple in my diet, but for some reason from about 10 weeks on, I couldn't stand it in ANY form!

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

miscarriage at 8 weeks - August 2009
  • Through the first tri it was MEAT.  I couldn't get enough.  Before I even knew I was pregnant it's all I wanted.  I almost cried for joy when I went to my sister's for a BBQ and she had like 5 different types of meat and I realized it was what I had been wanting.

3rd Tri was PIZZA.  Got to know the local pizza place people on a first name basis.  Seriously thought DD would come out resembling a pepperoni.

• Sherbet & Grape Juice.
  • I went through 2 craving phases.  The first was DiGiorno's pizza.  had to be DiGiorno's, and were talking like 3-4 nights a week.  About 2 weeks in, DH got sick of it and went and found the personal sized ones and stocked up on those for me =)

the 2nd was Edy's cookies and cream ice cream.

• apples and grilled chicken salads.  pickles, milkshakes
  • Pickle juice, Mexican food, Chef Boyardee Ravioli, and gummy bears.
  • strawberries, coke (no diet, it had to be regular) and BK whoppers (yuck! and weird because I hadn't eaten BK or fast food in about 10 years!)
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • sauerkraut(sp?), blackened mahi mahi  but I didn't get to have that. At the end of my pg it was milk.  I had GD so I had to be careful how much milk I could have.
  • Mac & cheese. Sometimes 3 meals a day. I don't think a day went by when I didn't eat it at least once.
  • Pepperoni! I even had it on popcorn! Now I can't stand the sight of pepperoni!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"