Babies: 9 - 12 Months

does your obgyn have a rule

about how long you should wait between kids? like a vagina/uterus healing time rule?

Re: does your obgyn have a rule

• My OB never mentioned anything, but I have read it is ideal to wait at least a year for your body to heal after birth.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No, not even for a VBAC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Never mentioned it to me, but I think there's something about having a c-section and timing between kids. Maybe a year?
  • My midwife recommended that I wait at least 6 months before trying to get pregnant.  I think that was more b/c I was breastfeeding and she was concerned about how my body would handle both, I think.  I remember reading somewhere that a year is best b/c your body gets to fully heal, though.
  • One of the midwives asked if we were having any more children (we're not), and recommended that we should wait at least a year - in the event we change our minds.

• The risks are huge if you conceive within 6mo of delivering.  I've heard them all over and over.  They're scary and horrible and not worth the risk.

They say 18mo is "ideal", but how many of us can time it all so perfectly??

I'm not sure about a c-section, so that could be different.

But, the risks are really high the closer you are to your prior delivery.

• hahaha Daisy, your tickers are cracking me up Smile  I always read 12 months is best, but I just had my first prenatal check, and doc didnt say anything about risks.. DS will be 16 months when #2 arrives.
  • I had a C/S and my doctor told me that I had to wait 1 year before getting pregnant again...which is fine by me!!! Im going to be a SUPER good listener and add about 2 extra years before I try again!!
  • imagelaurapgmartinez:
    hahaha Daisy, your tickers are cracking me up Smile  I always read 12 months is best, but I just had my first prenatal check, and doc didnt say anything about risks.. DS will be 16 months when #2 arrives.

Sometimes, I contemplate putting "I was on the pill!" on the ticker just so people know I'm really not nuts and didn't do it on purpose!  Smile  

• I had a fairly traumatic labor and subsequent CS and she told me to not to even think about it for 6 months and she prefered if I waited a year. Not a problem here!
  • nope..In fact, he's disappointed I"m not pregnant yet
  • I'm thinking no since he cleared me to get pg again at my 6 week pp appt w/ DD.
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • I have heard 2 years for your body to officially heal. But my husband's grandmother had 19 children one to two each year and she is a bouncing 90 year old. I can't imagine that she has much of a uterus left and I am not even going there on the other part. But she never had one complication with any of her pregnancies. So who knows. 

I am personally waiting 2 years so that my daughter is 3 when her sibling is born. I believe it will be easier to manage.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"