1st Trimester

How do you make your office chair more comfortable?

This is getting out of hand.  My butt is almost numb, I keep trying to adjust my posture every 30 seconds and my lower back is NOT impressed.  Should I just bring a pillow or something? lol
My best friend, my husband, my everything
Matthew Kevin
7/31/83-7/20/11 image
Met 1/8/00
Engaged 4/21/06
Married 9/29/07
Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
Day Three

Re: How do you make your office chair more comfortable?

• Might not hurt! One of those lumbar pillows might be a big help.
  • I don't know, but I'll tell you how I could...toss it out the window! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I was thinking the same thing.  I switched mine with one that has arm rests, and it hasn't helped.  I was thinking of bringing in a toss pillow from home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker 

October 2012: Missed Miscarriage, Baby with no heartbeat, stopped growing after 7 wks 
    November 2012: D&C
  • hehe im lucky cause when my back starts aching, i close my door to my office and lay back in the chair- sometimes even closing my eyes haha---but that does seem to help- i can't stand to lay my head on my desk anymore (my belly is so bloated and it makes it really uncomfortable!)
  • would they be opposed to you draggin in a big 'ole lazy boy recliner?? kidding, but . . . if you know any local chiropractors, they sell all kinds of pillows and stuff that may be able to help you.
  • I've always had a lumbar pillow on my chair. I haven't been uncomfortable yet. Then again I'm only 5 weeks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagesveldey:

exercise ball

I've heard that helps so much in late pregnancy. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I second the exercise ball!  I've been using one for my desk this entire pregnancy, and I've had way less back pain then last time.  I think it helps you position your legs well. 

I've also heard it helps with getting optimal baby positioning, which of course isn't a big concern for you now but will be a good thing to think about in six or seven months! :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"