Babies on the Brain

Two under... 11 months?!!

I just found out a friend went to her 6 week post delivery check-up and they told her she is pregnant. again. Indifferent Um. Holy hell. She wasn't even cleared for sex yet!  I know she had a c-section but still... I am in shock.  That would suck!

Re: Two under... 11 months?!!

• Wow, that happened to one of my HS friends. She went in to get her IUD and the doc did a pregnancy test and, uh, no need for the IUD! (Or maybe an even bigger need, but in another 9 months!)

I can't even imagine effectively spending a year and a half pregnant. Ugh.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Whoa.  I can't even imagine how your body would feel after being pregnant for that long.  Not to mention having two kids under the age of one!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh Lib, Ew.. 18 months of my life spent as a pregnant woman would probably end in divorce.  I am thrilled to be carrying a baby but I will be the first to admit I am a bit on the hormonal side! That IUD would be put in at L&D if I were that girl!
  • *woops*

Atleast she can have birthday parties together, and save lots of money!!

• Yeah i have heard of this. When i went to my six week check up they asked if i had had sex. I was like uh no you told me not to until I get cleared. My dr. said that lots of people do not follow those directions and some find out they are pg at that appmt. I could not imagine. I want more kids, but I would like a break in inbetween.
  • Happened to my neighbor growing up. Apparently it happens more often than I would have thought.
  • Irish Twins!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I dont GET this. At all. Before you leave the hospital, they tell you:

?"Do not use tampons until your appt.?You CAN get pregnant again if you have sex before your 6 week check up. BF is NOT effective for birth control. " ?This is standard discharge info.

And seriously, I cant imagine having sex that soon. The fact that she got a positive pregnancy test 6 weeks after birth means that she was at LEAST 4 weeks pregnant already, meaning that she had sex within 2 weeks of her c-section. On top of having a brand new baby and being tired, etc. Wow. ?

• that happens at my church all the time- also my husband's best friend has a brother who is only 10 months younger than him- eek.

there is also a lady in my church who has 2 kids born in the same year- had one in jan & another in oct/nov. yikes.

• I have a friend who this happened to (her husband had to go back to Korea, he was able to get some R&R for the birth), and her second son was a preemie. They are 8 months apart!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I hate to be gross but 2 weeks after delivery I was still bleeding like a stuck pig and I was still running around with my squirt bottle at every bathroom I came to!  DH wouldn't have touched me in a sexual way at all and if he had tried I probably would have had a breakdown from tiredness and being grossed out by the thought. 

I knew it happened a lot, I just still couldn't even imagine. You know that has to be really difficult on your body.

• Holy Cow!  My husband was not allowed near me for a lot longer than 6 weeks!!!
  • My nephews are only 51 weeks apart.
    Brad & Laci Est: 2007 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • yeah - my cousin had her babies 10 monts apart - the second was a preemie born 6 weeks early. Even so they would have been like11 months apart - that's a bit to close for me. People look at me strange cause mine will be 21 months apart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecutelilme1210:
    My nephews are only 51 weeks apart.
    Were they both preemies??? Or was one term and the other SUPER early?
  • My 1st 2 are 11mo apart (my oldest turned 1 about 4wks after #2 was born). 

My 3rd...not really sure.  It will definitely be born before my oldest turns 2.  There are 16 days between my due date and her 2nd b-day.  But, I'll be induced before my due date, so, potentially, this one could be born before my 2nd turns 1.

I'll have 3 under 2 and, maybe 2 under 1. 

I wouldn't recommend it.  I was on the pill when I got pregnant with #3 and about a week away from my IUD going in when I found out. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"